druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

1 minute ago, JonathanLB said:

Huh, Colorado. My other "must visit" destination as a beer fan pretty soon. I live in Portland, OR, widely considered the beer capital of the world because we have the most microbreweries of any city. Bend, OR, has the most per capita. But I hear Colorado and San Diego, CA, are the other major beer centers. I really want to have a beer vacation, maybe with a friend, to Colorado to try a bunch of their breweries. I just got back from Stormbreaker Brewery here in Portland, only about 10 minutes from me, but we have so many breweries it was my first visit there! Their beer is incredible... It may be one of my favorite breweries. I've tried their stuff at the store before, just never at the brewery itself. I got a sampler tray and a pint so tried 6 tonight. Mmm... 

I really hope Monday is $27.5M or above, anyway. Anything around $30M would be awesome!

In Munich is a ~ restaurant called ~ House of the 200 beers. They do not lie.

Other cities have 'House of 100 Beers'...

Munich is named for a monestery, known beer brewers there. It means ~ little monks, as it was a small monestary.

They got certain rights in the year 1158 = first documents.

Several beer brewers there including the (IMHO bad) seemingly famous Löwenbräu

I was born in Munich ;) , but lived mostly not there. One of the little towns I lived in is at least exisitng since the year 756. They had a (very old) brewery for 'Weißbier'. Never live near one of those, they stink like hell.

• Like 1

Just now, terrestrial said:

In Munich is a ~ restaurant called ~ House of the 200 beers. They do not lie.

Other cities have 'House of 100 Beers'...

Munich is named for a monestery, known beer brewers there. It means ~ little monks, as it was a small monestary.

They got certain rights in the year 1158 = first documents.

Several beer brewers there including the (IMHO bad) seemingly famous Löwenbräu

I was born in Munich ;) , but lived mostly not there. One of the little towns I lived in is at least exisitng since the year 756. They had a (very old) brewery for 'Weißbier'. Never live near one of those, they stink like hell.

Hey, out here, if you've been around since the 1960s, that's a really long time.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

Huh, Colorado. My other "must visit" destination as a beer fan pretty soon. I live in Portland, OR, widely considered the beer capital of the world because we have the most microbreweries of any city. Bend, OR, has the most per capita. But I hear Colorado and San Diego, CA, are the other major beer centers. I really want to have a beer vacation, maybe with a friend, to Colorado to try a bunch of their breweries. I just got back from Stormbreaker Brewery here in Portland, only about 10 minutes from me, but we have so many breweries it was my first visit there! Their beer is incredible... It may be one of my favorite breweries. I've tried their stuff at the store before, just never at the brewery itself. I got a sampler tray and a pint so tried 6 tonight. Mmm... 

I really hope Monday is $27.5M or above, anyway. Anything around $30M would be awesome!

Yep, the Denver area is a biggie if you're a beer fanatic (which of course just my luck that I'm not huge on beer). :P

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, FTF said:

The + next to the quote button.

1 minute ago, theendsnotnearitshere said:

See, so you lose in the end.

@FTF thanks tho I'm not sure it's working

Hmm, that's annoying...on an iPhone 6s and it's working.  Edit button works too now, nice.

And yeah. Hoping for a Rth update within the next two hours!

5 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

NE, huh? Is that where you live? I used to live in SE, way back in the day when I was going to college there.

We live in Northwest Portland in the Pearl for now. In the next few months we'll be moving to a house rather than a condo, too expensive (HOA dues are $800/month plus mortgage plus $11,000 property taxes per year, too much...), so probably SW or NW Portland. There are more options in SW for us. I lived in Beaverton briefly but we would prefer to be closer to the city (my girlfriend and I). I'm a city guy, and I've lived in numerous condos (Downtown Los Angeles, Long Beach, and Portland) but the constant noise of our neighbors starting at 7 a.m. has been too much. We are late-night people, so that's the middle of my night! I need a house where I can control the noise a bit better ha ha. 

There are a lot of good breweries over in North Portland and even SE and NE for sure. Around us in NW there are about 5 we regularly walk to (10 Barrel, Bridgeport, Fathead, Rogue, and once PINTs). 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Yep, the Denver area is a biggie if you're a beer fanatic (which of course just my luck that I'm not huge on beer). :P

LOL well maybe I come visit you and we talk Star Wars, box office, and I drink the beer. Ha ha. 

• Like 1

Just now, JonathanLB said:

We live in Northwest Portland in the Pearl for now. In the next few months we'll be moving to a house rather than a condo, too expensive (HOA dues are $800/month plus mortgage plus $11,000 property taxes per year, too much...), so probably SW or NW Portland. There are more options in SW for us. I lived in Beaverton briefly but we would prefer to be closer to the city (my girlfriend and I). I'm a city guy, and I've lived in numerous condos (Downtown Los Angeles, Long Beach, and Portland) but the constant noise of our neighbors starting at 7 a.m. has been too much. We are late-night people, so that's the middle of my night! I need a house where I can control the noise a bit better ha ha. 

There are a lot of good breweries over in North Portland and even SE and NE for sure. Around us in NW there are about 5 we regularly walk to (10 Barrel, Bridgeport, Fathead, Rogue, and once PINTs). 

$800/mo in HOA dues?! $11k/yr in property taxes? wtf

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, theendsnotnearitshere said:

Isn't Greenland European? Dutch or Danish or something like that?

Also, is it possible to multi quote when you're on your phone?

Greenland is in North America even if some Europeans still own it for now. We will soon help the Greenlanders from the yoke of oppression. #monroedoctrine

8 minutes ago, FTF said:

Hmm, that's annoying...on an iPhone 6s and it's working.  Edit button works too now, nice.

And yeah. Hoping for a Rth update within the next two hours!

I'm on an iPhone 6, weird. Though I hate this phone, battery life is virtually non existent. They claim like 10hrs of web browsing, but I'm lucky if I get 4-5.

3 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

Hey, out here, if you've been around since the 1960s, that's a really long time.

Hmm I am not sure if you realize what that sounds like.

My graphic working mind/fantasy now imagenes an older-people free world, self raised people... like Logan's Run!

I went to school during the '60 and partly the '70. But I started to work in the '70 too (at first part time).

Early-mid '80 head of a department, then head of the production... but nowadays... part time jobber ;)