druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

Just now, terrestrial said:

Hmm I am not sure if you realize what that sounds like.

My graphic working mind/fantasy now imagenes an older-people free world, self raised people... like Logan's Run!

I went to school during the '60 and partly the '70. But I started to work in the '70 too (at first part time).

Early-mid '80 head of a department, then head of the production... but nowadays... part time jobber ;)

I wasn't talking people, I was talking cities! Or buildings. :lol: 

1 minute ago, JeepCSC said:

Greenland is in North America even if some Europeans still own it for now. We will soon help the Greenlanders from the yoke of oppression. #monroedoctrine

Native Americans were in North America as well. Things change, I know.

I miss 90s when everything was not so PC. 

37 minutes ago, theendsnotnearitshere said:

How big is Greenland?

Its Huge, but of cause largely uninhabited and its anything but green LOL, Ive Been to it. No two towns are connected by road the longest road is like 12-14km , to get between towns , dog sled, planes but mostly helicopters (which have commercial flights even short 15mins one that allow same luggage requirements are a standard airline)

27 minutes ago, theendsnotnearitshere said:

Poor Africa!

Ive seen that Vice ep where they showed ice melting on Greenland, it's really horrific. Any geology hobbyists here? Which part of this stupid planet would be considered most secure from natural disasters?

Yes Ice is melting at an alarming rate and theres a lot of land its covering and pushing down  as its melting the Island is of cause rising

Edited by Rth
  • Like 10

3 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

I wasn't talking people, I was talking cities! Or buildings. :lol: 

:rofl:

I know there are not that old buildings like here some are to find (beside in some American areas the natives ones), but as far as I know at least some 100y++ old must have survived (and older in the east)

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rth said:

Its Huge, but of cause largely uninhabited and its anything but green LOL,  no two towns are connected by road the longest road is like 12-14km , to get between towns , dog sled, planes but mostly helicopters (which have commercial flights even short 15mins one that allow same luggage requirements are a standard airline)

Yes Ice is melting at an alarming rate and theres a lot of land its covering and pushing down  as its melting the Island is of cause rising

Aren't you Mr Knowledgeable. I'd love to hear about the climate changes some more but right now I need them numbers. Please, give.

Edited by theendsnotnearitshere

I was hearing Australia increased week over week, so hopefully that bodes well for America as well. I'm curious to see numbers, too. It's still early here, though, just 8 p.m. Watching Jessica Jones on Netflix, just started it. I love Daredevil and heard this was good. 

Just now, JonathanLB said:

I was hearing Australia increased week over week, so hopefully that bodes well for America as well. I'm curious to see numbers, too. It's still early here, though, just 8 p.m. Watching Jessica Jones on Netflix, just started it. I love Daredevil and heard this was good. 

think the UK did too. 

2 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

Here the "classic period" refers to the 80s.

The oldest house I know about in Germany is this one (not counting amphitheatres)

200 years after Christ, some say it's even older

http://www.uni-regensburg.de/Fakultaeten/phil_Fak_III/Geschichte/Alte_G/roemer/kapitel6/bilder/605nig.jpg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

The oldest house I know about in Germany is this one (not counting amphitheatres)

200 years after Christ, some say it's even older

http://www.uni-regensburg.de/Fakultaeten/phil_Fak_III/Geschichte/Alte_G/roemer/kapitel6/bilder/605nig.jpg

This is before the fall of the Roman Empire. Weren't you all blood thirsty Barbarians back then? What would you need this Disney castle for?

Just now, theendsnotnearitshere said:

This is before the fall of the Roman Empire. Weren't you all blood thirsty Barbarians back then? What would you need this Disney castle for?

It is a Roman building, they occupied parts of our country then