druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

Thank you all for your suggestions as I hate looking up those Top 10 lists and such. Same as when someone tells you they got the best XYZ in town!

terrestrial, mein Deutsch ist sehr schlecht. But if there are English subs available, sure, why not. I should really work on my German, haven't used it in years. Native English speakers who never tried to learn a foreign language have no idea how blessed they are.

26 minutes ago, theendsnotnearitshere said:

Can anyone recommend a documentary? Doesn't matter what it's about and what year it was released. Thanks

"Hearts of Darkness: a Film Maker's Apocalypse" is fantastic and, imo, better than Apocalypse Now.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Oh yes, definitely.  My brother recently moved back to San Francisco from the South Florida area.  Giving up great weather and cheap living for that!?  I tried pleading with him, dude is nuts. :unsure:

South Florida has great weather? Maybe 4 months out of the year. The rest of the time its only "great" if you enjoy living in a sauna.

Edited by Wrath
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Wrath said:

South Florida has great weather? Maybe 4 months out of the year. The rest of the time its only "great" if you enjoy living in a sauna.

Dunno about south, but been to Disney World in August and I literally can't imagine any hell imaginable having a worse climate. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, theendsnotnearitshere said:

Is Tele's age publicly known? I've been reading these forums for years and still am unsure if it's all an exaggerated joke.

He's seriously 103.  He was born the year the Titanic sank.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, theendsnotnearitshere said:

Is Tele's age publicly known? I've been reading these forums for years and still am unsure if it's all an exaggerated joke.

If SW does not have a stellar hold next weekend, Tele's age will continue to hold the record for largest third weekend by a big margin.

• Like 2

I'd never been to any kind of hot climate before and then I went to Orlando... in June. Gotta love 16 hour theme park days with average temps of 100. I actually didn't mind it though, at least it's built to cope with all the air conditioning and covered areas. Any heatwave in the UK and there is literally no escape. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, theendsnotnearitshere said:

No... he was born before birth certificates. 

We're not even sure where he is on this list:

article-2138861-12E7130B000005DC-330_634

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

It's not drizzle, it's coastal fog. Because of the drought weather has actually been nicer than you suggest. (Sick brag I know). Converse is its insanely expensive to live here.

I lived in SF for four years. I am familiar with the weather there: It's like Seattle except the summers suck. 

• Like 1

Hmm, sadly without English Subtitles. An old docu I very recently re-discovered at YT. For some reasons it had a big impact on me during a time live wasn't funny.

It was shown then (30-35y back) in our local youth-center I did voluntary work at

It shows the work of a 'Lazarettschiff' / hospital ship during the Vietnam war. The title is, what the news had to say about the day (Only slight fights in the area of Da Nong), but how that is not 'slight' for the work on that kind of ship and the impact the war has on civilists...

The first few minutes are some explanations as that clip is a ~ 30y anniversery TV screening

Maybe securing the link and try after you freshened up your German skills (I know, I know, probably never ;) ) ?

Nur leichte Kämpfe im Raum Da Nang

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SH40GF4avYU

Warning, some parts are very impactful

As a book I find 'Lies my Teacher Told Me: Everything Your American History Textbook Got Wrong' rather interesting

14 minutes ago, theendsnotnearitshere said:

terrestrial, mein Deutsch ist sehr schlecht. But if there are English subs available, sure, why not. I should really work on my German, haven't used it in years. Native English speakers who never tried to learn a foreign language have no idea how blessed they are.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

The Act of Killing.

Encounters at the End of the World.

The Aristocrats.

King of Kong: A Fistful of Quarters.

Touching the Void.

In the Shadow of the Moon.

The Battered Bastards of Baseball

The Imposter 

Finders Keepers

Raiders!

Peace Officer

I saw those last 3 at SXSW in March and I have no idea if they are even out yet, but they are great.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Darth Rallax said:

The Battered Bastards of Baseball

The Imposter 

Finders Keepers

Raiders!

Peace Officer

I saw those last 3 at SXSW in March and I have no idea if they are even out yet, but they are great.

Have you watched Inside Job? It's pretty good.

Also, for those interested in the art of filmmaking, specifically 35 mm vs Digital, there's Side by Side (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2014338/)

• Like 2

As someone who loathes heat and humidity, you could not pay me enough to live in Florida.

I'll take the six months of snow and darkness here for the glory that is an Alaskan summer. (Highs around the 70s, dry, and 20+ hours of sunshine.)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, theendsnotnearitshere said:

I think via pictures and someone mentioned a age comparison to Baumer, who's age is known and is also younger than me.

My younger brother is not a twin to me. He got born during JFK's precidency.

If I didn't misunderstood a lot... Tele is young(er) to/then me.

• Like 3