druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

I've followed Gitesh since 1997 when he started his site. He's a good analyst and his numbers are legit. 

I don't want to get my hopes up for next week either, but I'm also thinking a $50M or $52M Sunday cannot lead to a $25M Monday when it's a day off for almost everyone. Makes no sense. $30M, sure, maybe.

• Like 5

GUYS CAN YOU BELIEVE IT :

SW7 is the 12th biggest movie in North America with $440m on Friday, but with 59m on Saturday it would get to the 6th rank, just in 1 day!!!

MOTHER OF GOD!!!!!!

5th this Sunday, passing TDK :o Next weekend : Avengers and JW!!!!

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

You don't think so? Since I've been here all of Gitesh's early estimations have fallen in line with Rth's. He just doesn't give them nearly as much.

He's a fine analyst and his numbers are usually on point but we don't go round putting people up there with Rth. Them's fighting words

• Like 8

23 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

I've followed Gitesh since 1997 when he started his site. He's a good analyst and his numbers are legit. 

I don't want to get my hopes up for next week either, but I'm also thinking a $50M or $52M Sunday cannot lead to a $25M Monday when it's a day off for almost everyone. Makes no sense. $30M, sure, maybe.

I remember folowing Gitesh's weekly tracking of Titanic via his boxofficeguru site. His enthusiasm and awe of Titanic's run lept through the webpages. You can still read them in his archives. 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, La Binoche said:

Saturday was up about 19% to bring in anywhere from $55M to $58M+

No, Deadline, 49.3 * 1.19 = ~58

Get in the drunk tank. NOW

• Like 2