druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

Just now, No Prisoners said:

On to tomorrow.  Assuming today is 50-52m, will it hold like avatar -20%, cash in over 40m and beat last week? Or drop  25%, perhaps more?

I'm thinking mid 30s, maybe matching wed number of 37m which is a good barometer for demand as well

Anything over 30M would be a tremendous hold, in my opinion.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, TriggerMike said:

So it will be 150M+ even after actuals. Phenomenal number for TFA

Still only estimates, but this time studio estimates. Disney tends to low-balling it. But with the snow / storm / floodings / twisters or however that was called some might have stayed home

Star Wars: The Force Awakens has crossed the $1bn mark at the global box office in record time, taking just 12 days to do so.

STAR WARS stats: Global IMAX total is $106M in 12 days, compared to JURASSIC WORLD which took 18 days to hit $100M (including China).

In the UK, Star Wars: The Force Awakens is up to around £65.5m after another record: the biggest Boxing Day for any film ever.

Domestically, THE FORCE AWAKENS is the fastest film to hit $100M, $200M, $300M, $400M, $500M...bye bye AVATAR.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, hasanahmad said:

Wait why is the Saturday estimate 56.5 i thought rth said 58

He might not have known about the weather

This time it is studio estimates. Disney tends to low-balling it (last week they were only... something between $9m and $12m too low, I forgot the details)

As no OW anymore, I think maybe $1.5 to $3m more are still possible (but I do not count on it)

4 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Do we really need another TFA-Avatar thread mods/chewy? Seems a bit excessive.

It's about to become the #1 movie of all time I think a little excess is fine

(Also I was unaware of another thread)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SteveJaros said:

I keep saying TFA was going to hit the breaks. Thought it would be around $400m, now I guess it's $550m, LOL.

Still not convinced it will catch Avatar DOM. 

Thats like saying i dont think Tom Brady will ever throw for one more yard in the rest of his career.

• Like 12

Just now, SteveJaros said:

I keep saying TFA was going to hit the breaks. Thought it would be around $400m, now I guess it's $550m, LOL.

I guess it will take another week to convince you. (When TFA actually passes Avatar :ph34r:)

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chewy said:

It's about to become the #1 movie of all time I think a little excess is fine

(Also I was unaware of another thread)

There is a TFA>Avatar club that was started months ago & is still active. Just fold it into there mods, we don't need the conversation split over 10+ threads imo. Just creates unnecessary clutter.

2 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

Need a miracle at this point for TFA to miss Avatar DOM

You sound just like BKB when he said JW couldn't pass Avengers 

2 minutes ago, SteveJaros said:

How could you not be convinced?  It's sitting  at $545m with another huge week and weekend coming. It's not about to just disappear....

• Like 1