CJohn

Wednesday The Force Awakens Estimates - 28M (Rth) | 27.2 - 27.9 (DHD)

9 hours ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

@terrestrial, the best way to quickly delete quotes is to click on the upper-left edge of the quote (you'll see a little square with a + in the middle). The system tends to treat the whole quote as its own discrete entity, not as individual words. 

(You may have already figured this out; if so, sorry for the redundancy).

No need for sorry, I do feel to other way = you try to help = I am happy!

Quotes delete = you assume right, that I already know

problem before yesterday:

i quote, write something... hit submit reply = post disappears. I hit refresh or chenge pages back and for, click into the reply window, my planed post is back again and I can post it

Since yesterday (lost 2 posts with quotes in it and one post without) it disappears without 'coming back' = entirely

Before yesterday I couldn't edit quotes beside 2 details

delete the top line, and if that worked, the next top line (old 2nd line), than the next...

and if a double quote within a quote happened:

I could move the internal one via its anker sign out of the quote and delte it then, no matter if it was positioned as/at the 1st line or not

Now I can edit quotes, yipieeh! Beside the line above the last one, that one still not always is to delte = not a complaint, I try to describe details in the hope someone gets an idea for the whys)

9 hours ago, No Prisoners said:

Practically guaranteed? Must be a 10-20% chance of an asteroid hitting.  

Could you do me a personal favor? Could you please shorten quotes to the sentence you are reacting too? Better for answering to you, better for all other not interested into reading / seeing again the earlier posts,... and so on. Please?

6 hours ago, Baumer Fett said:

Happy New Year everyone.

Happy New Year to you too... and HAPPY BIRTHDAY !!!! :hiphiphoray:

5 hours ago, filmlover said:

Same. I'm only seeing it again tomorrow because said friend hasn't seen it yet, otherwise any additional viewings are waiting for DVD. Plus, I'm only getting out to the movies because of a gift card anyway.

X-Mas gift card? = might be a reason for some other too to rewatch it (or watch it at all) after... X-Mas (January too)

9 hours ago, boxofficefreak said:

better to err on the side of caution than being optimistic I see?

Haven't been good on your predictions...120 million 2nd wknd? Don't be a contrarian just b/c. There was a guy named Kal-El that has been shitted on in the forums for a good portion of the decade because of it. =) 

{Won't change my opinion even if it hits 20 million}

Your opinion is duly noted, LOL. FWIW, I call it as I see it, which is all I can do,  but at least I am wise enough to know that my opinion is likely to be wrong, so I never bet on it. :)  

Other than the crazies predicting $1 billion DOM and the like, TFA has been a great movie for bulls. Even as I have been wrong, it's been pleasantly so. Love the big numbers it is posting. 

Edited by SteveJaros

6 hours ago, terrestrial said:

X-Mas gift card? = might be a reason for some other too to rewatch it (or watch it at all) after... X-Mas (January too)

I usually make it a habit to stay up to date on movies since there are films out right now that I really wanted to see besides Star Wars.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SteveJaros said:

Your opinion is duly noted, LOL. FWIW, I call it as I see it, which is all I can do,  but at least I am wise enough to know that my opinion is likely to be wrong, so I never bet on it. :)  

Other than the crazies predicting $1 billion DOM and the like, TFA has been a great movie for bulls. Even as I have been wrong, it's been pleasantly so. Love the big numbers it is posting. 

Sooner or later you'll see the force. The domestic total is going to approach 1 Billion though.

IMHO, I think most forum-ers would enjoy quality analysis rather than "I am wise enough to know that my opinion is likely to be wrong, so I never bet on it. :) "

Although, that's exactly what  I use to do when BOM was still around. I was so dead set on #s projections that I spent hours on mathematic models tracking say, the SM3 movie. When I was dreadfully wrong (predicted 555 million upon the 151 wknd) rather than eating crow, I just became a lurker rather than an avid poster haha. 

Again, I'm not attacking your analysis....but if you know it'll be higher, maybe join the force?

4 hours ago, boxofficefreak said:

Sooner or later you'll see the force. The domestic total is going to approach 1 Billion though.

IMHO, I think most forum-ers would enjoy quality analysis rather than "I am wise enough to know that my opinion is likely to be wrong, so I never bet on it. :) "

Although, that's exactly what  I use to do when BOM was still around. I was so dead set on #s projections that I spent hours on mathematic models tracking say, the SM3 movie. When I was dreadfully wrong (predicted 555 million upon the 151 wknd) rather than eating crow, I just became a lurker rather than an avid poster haha. 

Again, I'm not attacking your analysis....but if you know it'll be higher, maybe join the force?

I predicted $20 million, not $7 million. The final result was $22.3 million. If some forum-ers can't handle that kind of analysis, well, they can find something else to do with themselves. :)

• Like 1