#ED

Weekend Actuals: The Force Awakens - 90.2M !!!

MODERATION: 

BEHAVE. NO MORE AVATAR/STAR WARS DICK MEASURING NONSENSE. Tele already told you where you guys can do that: http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/20871-never-let-go-rose-everyone-on-this-base-is-fighting-for-survival-its-true-all-of-it-cameron-and-avatar-vs-the-world/?page=1

The next person who starts some stupid shit here will get banned for a week. You have been warned. 

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

MODERATION: 

BEHAVE. NO MORE AVATAR/STAR WARS DICK MEASURING NONSENSE. Tele already told you where you guys can do that: http://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/20871-never-let-go-rose-everyone-on-this-base-is-fighting-for-survival-its-true-all-of-it-cameron-and-avatar-vs-the-world/?page=1

The next person who starts some stupid shit here will get banned for a week. You have been warned. 

:ohmygod:

This isn't a matter of if, this is a matter of when will someone get banned :lol: 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

Why would 5-10% be tops? Clearly 1-2% is the upper limit unless it has a truly amazing day.

Again, it was a question about what would be the biggest increase we could see. I don't know why a 5% increase would be so implausible but a 2% wouldn't? That's like a 100,000 ticket difference. 

2 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Again, it was a question about what would be the biggest increase we could see. I don't know why a 5% increase would be so implausible but a 2% wouldn't? That's like a 100,000 ticket difference. 

Why should this have a better hold than Avatar when it's obvious the declines have already been diverging? 5% makes no sense.

53 minutes ago, VenomXXR said:

Any chance we get a 10% increase today or is 5% going to be about tops?

I am not so sure about it as it's a bit like coming out of a long weekend Friday on one side, but it's a smaller than usual Friday see the New Year Day chart, so...

Avatar has the same week-days in releation to days-in-release as SW 7, but as it started began under it's possibilities (snow storm / weather), and gained strongly via WOM over the next 2 weeks, broke then itself the New Year Day record in a big way at Friday (as SW 7 did yesterday too) = Avatars bump to Saturday was 2.2%

But if you compare the daily / week-day in relation to last week changes they do not have the same pattern in that detail anyway.

Someone (druv10?) uses Avatar +32% or so. That would mean e.g. Sa Avatar $25,835,551 + 32% = ~ $34m

In case it was +30% = ~ $33.5m

Someone else (Fake?) uses LotR 2 (Two Towers) = times 3.something (3.4?) I forgot the exact .x

times 3.0 would be $32m, times 3.1 = $33m, times 3.2 = ~ $34m....

Me = I do not do prognoses, but I think it's fascinating to observe such findings and how much / how long they are ~ good

Edited by terrestrial

1 minute ago, VenomXXR said:

Apply that question to it's NYE hold. Things happen. 

That was the only day in the last 10 that TFA SLIGHTLY outperformed Avatar (difference of 1.8%) then had a much better New Year's (difference of 21.2%). Clearly this was inevitable & TFA is performing at a much higher level.