WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 93): TFA 42.35M | The Revenant 39.83M | Daddy's Home 15.02M | The Forest 12.74M | Sisters 7.19M

26 minutes ago, DAR said:

I never understood the whole standing ovation or clapping at a movie.  I mean I guess I get if those who made the films are in the theater.  But if your at some theater in South Dakota it's like yeah projectionist. 

it makes noooo sense, i find it hilarious

it's fine on opening days among fans like when i saw deathly hallows and everyone was cheering pretty loud in many scene

but most of the time it's just weird

i guess it's an american thing? i've heard some people clap after airplane flights in the US

not sure if true

Edited by JohnnY

1 minute ago, JohnnY said:

it's fine on opening days among fans like when i saw deathly hallows and everyone was cheering pretty loud in many scene

i guess it's an american thing? i've heard some people clap after airplane flights in the US

not sure if true

Americans clap when the landing is hard like in high winds or bad weather. Clapping at the end of a movie is fun too.

2 minutes ago, The Panda said:

Cinemascore doesn't matter, especially for Leo Oscar movies

Wolf of Wall Street had a C+ cinemascore and had excellent legs.  The Revenant's legs will be decent to good, because Oscar nominations.

I think we will know by Sunday already what the GA is thinking of it. I expect OD to be unusually frontloaded for it if people aren't liking it much. I still would be surprised if the GA responds well to that kind of movie. 

Just now, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Here, ppl are always clapping at the end of movies, they clapped even to Victor Frankstein, LMFAO, probably because the movie finally ended

oh come on..... people don't clap in Brazil

which city do you live in?

7 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

@MovieMan89 what's the best comparison for this TF number? Is $8m possible? 

Flattered you would ask, but I don't really know. 8m should be doable with that Thursday, unless it gets really toxic WOM right off the bat. Krampus pulled about 100k more for previews. 

Edited by MovieMan89
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Apparently the Revenant poster didn't arrive in time at some theater, they did the best they could.

Q0KcF6J.jpg

They should've done this on the real posters and started a big online "pick your side" viral campaign. Missed opportunity Fox. 

• Like 5

14 minutes ago, Lestranger said:

Americans clap when the landing is hard like in high winds or bad weather. Clapping at the end of a movie is fun too.

People will also clap in Europe when the landing is hard. I like that, it's like aknowledging the pilot's skills for landing with bad conditions.

My mum told me that people used to clap at every sucessfull landing in the 70's.

Edited by RascarCapat

6 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Flattered you would ask, but I don't really know. 8m should be doable with that Thursday, unless it gets really toxic WOM right off the bat. Krampus pulled about 100k more for previews. 

Oh, so, even $10m is possible, way better than I thought

Cressida, her power 

1 minute ago, JohnnY said:

i can't believe this lol

ive never seen people clapping on movies except for deathly hallows

Haha, I'm surprised, I thought it was common in the whole country.... The loudest crowds that I got was DH2's OD and MJ2's second day, it was crazy, ppl screamed and clapped during the whole movie, lol 

26 minutes ago, JohnnY said:

not sure if true

If you live in a cold winter climate in the US, cold @Telemachos@grim22@Water Bottle not 55 degrees, and you arrive in a place like Cancun hell ya there's going to be clapping

• Like 5