WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 93): TFA 42.35M | The Revenant 39.83M | Daddy's Home 15.02M | The Forest 12.74M | Sisters 7.19M

Ford s biggest solo hits are Air Force One & Fugitive by far, the Ryan Movies did pretty well.

The Zemeckis-Pfeiffer Hitchcokian movie was a massive hit too.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/people/chart/?view=Actor&id=harrisonford.htm

Ford has a private jet.

Edited by The Futurist

19 minutes ago, No Prisoners said:

ford career happened after indy, not ANH

Doesn't change the fact that starring in Star Wars doesn't guarantee a hot career. Hayden Christensan is another  good example. 

• Like 1

Deadline's 13+ sounded good to me. 11 is a bit weak to be honest. 12 is solid.

The Revenant is a fairly solid movie, Leo is great frankly, cinematography is great. The movie is boring. It's also poorly edited. At least 30 minutes too long. It isn't a strong film by any means. I mean yeah it's way better than zero star crap like Carol and The Danish Girl, two of the worst movies I've ever seen in my life of loving cinema, but that's not saying much. It doesn't deserve the success. It's above average and that's it.

i went to TFA today in the suburbs. This theater is he typical working class 9-5 kind of place. The RPX theater had just 5 people there at 4 pm. Absolutely pathetic. But nothing was doing well, parking lot was empty. 

Im going to TFA twice tomorrow, 12:20 and 6 pm (friends).

13 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Which means Mark Hamill is a non entity in non english speaking countries.

Eh, I doubt those countries cared much for the OT either. Or even Fords's 80s/90s blockbusters. OS expansions to non-English speaking countries really took off well after.

Edited by Spidey Freak

I will say Carrie Fisher really didn't slip back into Princess Leia very well at all. It's hard to buy her as royalty after the career she's made as being a cynical, highly self-depreciative performer who uses her life for fodder (she gave one of the most spot-on analogies ever when she called her mother, Debbie Reynolds, and Elizabeth Taylor "the Angelina and Jennifer of their time" in her one woman show lololol).

• Like 2
  • ...wtf 1

27 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Which means Mark Hamill is a non entity in non english speaking countries.

TFA pretty much flopped in India, especially compared to the rest of the world. The release date just turned out to be pretty bad as it was competing with a number of high profile local releases in pretty much every major Indian language, but more was expected from it. The OD was pretty good, but the remaining 2 days total of the OW just about matched the OD, and then it faded fast from there.

Yeah.. Somehow I can't bring myself to care. Indian movies are absolutely awful. When they join the rest of the world in appreciating what makes a good film maybe I'll care. But sadly that's not the case now. Their cinema is a joke to the rest of the world. You can't find more mundane and boring movies if you tried.

Just now, The Futurist said:

India is the last corner of the World where a local film economy resists to the Hollywood invasion.

It is way more complicated than that actually. The Indian film industry is not one industry, it is basically 20-30 different language industries situated in every single state. Movies made in one language are huge within the state which speaks that language but will get no audience outside that state. Even Bollywood, which gets national distribution, barely has huge support in South India and some parts of North East India. So when it is hard for Bollywood movies themselves to break through on a pan-Indian level, Hollywood will take even longer, especially since a majority of Indian theaters are still single screens which are mainly in villages around the country.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, ecstasy said:
8 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Its too early to call.  I think Rev is gonna do high 30s and TFA mid 40s.

Whoa the Repentant knocked TFA off its High Horse. Didn't see that coming.:o

*revenant

Autocorrect fail

Just now, Orestes said:

I wish I could get into Indian movies, but man do song and dance numbers grate on my nerves.

You should start with the ones which don't have song and dance, or at least the ones which relegate the song and dance to the background. Maybe start with something like "Chak De India" or Lagaan which are both sports based movies and are much easier to relate to since they speak a common theme of victory over the enemy through sports. Maybe I will start a staff blog detailing the best movies to start a foray into Bollywood and the Indian film industry for outsiders.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

You should start with the ones which don't have song and dance, or at least the ones which relegate the song and dance to the background. Maybe start with something like "Chak De India" or Lagaan which are both sports based movies and are much easier to relate to since they speak a common theme of victory over the enemy through sports.

Thanks for the tips. I rather like sports movies even though I generally don't care for sports.