CJohn

THE GOLDEN GLOBES 2016 | Discuss It Live Here!

Does anyone really believe that Inarittu hates superhero movies? Like, has he even gone on record for stating such? Because given the number of directors who have come forth saying they enjoy freakin' Michael Bay movies, I'm hard-pressed to believe he doesn't find plenty of pleasure from "junk food cinema" too lol. Besides, Birdman wasn't even really anti-CBM movie (you could argue that it was more anti-New York Critic lol), the Michael Keaton character in it mostly looks back on his superhero past with a wistful "my best days are behind me" glance.

The might be an unpopular opinion but I think I enjoyed Everest more then The Revenant. I definitely liked Jason Clarke more then Leo. 

Both had gorgeous scenery, I just cared about more of what was going on in Everest. Keira did great with what she was given too.

The Revenants strongest point is it's opening and closing. I know a lot have said the bear attack was brutal but I couldn't get past the obvious CGI and oscar baiting of that scene.

The revenant and birdman are/wil be as irrelevant films as there'll ever be for winning best picture. Nobody will give a fuck in a couple years, but keep raving about Episode 7. That is a film people will remember. Seriously fu Inarritu and your dumb agenda.

Just now, FilmBuff said:

The revenant and birdman are/wil be as irrelevant films as there'll ever be for winning best picture. Nobody will give a fuck in a couple years, but keep raving about Episode 7. That is a film people will remember. Seriously fu Inarritu and your dumb agenda.

I don't even think Inarritu knows what his agenda is, except he wants to make "art." :sick:

• Like 1

No I think there is a conspiracy within select elite players to destroy the genre

Think about what's happened since birdman

Irratu made his hateful comments
AOU fails to meet expectations
Antman crumbles
Websites everywhere are flooded with worries of superhero fatigue
Talk begins that they may end uplike westerners soon
A Bourne movie pulls ahead of an MCU move in an anticipation poll

Someone's coming after cbms and they're coming in hard

LOL. You think 'Hollywood' hates superhero films? Are you fucking with us?

6 minutes ago, Mr Terrific said:

LOL yourself. I referenced a particular person who called a genre as "cultural genocide."

Read more. 

Uh, you said he's part of the "Hollywood conspiracy", I didn't mean Inarritu I meant this supposed conspiracy.

Just now, DarthWalker said:

No I think there is a conspiracy within select elite players to destroy the genre

Think about what's happened since birdman

Irratu made his hateful comments
AOU fails to meet expectations
Antman crumbles
Websites everywhere are flooded with worries of superhero fatigue
Talk begins that they may end uplike westerners soon
A Bourne movie pulls ahead of an MCU move in an anticipation poll

Someone's coming after cbms and they're coming in hard

:kitschjob:

2 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

The Martian is a better film than Interstellar & Gravity, pretty sure it will hold up a lot better as time goes on too.

I dunno about Gravity when you consider IMAX 3D. The space scenes in The Martian lacked that realism and kind of looked goofy in comparison. But on an enjoyment level, yes.

Definitely liked it a lot more then Interstellar.