CJohn

THE GOLDEN GLOBES 2016 | Discuss It Live Here!

Just now, grim22 said:

This Star Wars-Chrysler ad just ignored the prequels completely, similar to every other bit of marketing and apparently the movie itself. I remember when Water claimed that the prequels would play a huge role in TFA.

Well in a way he was right, in that the prequels pushed JJ to not even give a brief overview of the politics involved in TFA

• Like 1

1 minute ago, grim22 said:

This Star Wars-Chrysler ad just ignored the prequels completely, similar to every other bit of marketing and apparently the movie itself. I remember when Water claimed that the prequels would play a huge role in TFA.

Every thread has their outlandish claimants.

Star Wars had water. Pirates 5 et al has Sean B. It's law.

Deadpool still hasn't been rated? lol

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Where has water been anyways?

Just now, MovieMan89 said:

If his douche-baggery pretension didn't permeate his films a lot of people would appreciate his movies more. 

Eh. I thought it could have lost 15 minutes worth of Malick-lite pretentious mediation too, but everything else was kinda a gorgeous, intense, visceral revenge/survival thriller. Kinda an awesome genre picture, in my opinion. Most people seem to agree, but I think Innaritu murdered everyone on the forum's family, so who knows. 

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

he's not winning the oscar. he won here cos he didn't win last year.

Lmao, you are all still in the Scott/Miller train? The Oscars night is gonna be glorious. 

1 minute ago, Blan Solo said:

I just realized Linklater won last year, they probably gave Inarritu Best Director to make up for that

Not that deserved to made up for; Globes were one of the only intelligent organizations last year

Exactly.  Birdman was overrated (even i overrated it), but Revenant is a masterpiece worthy of recognition.