CJohn

THE GOLDEN GLOBES 2016 | Discuss It Live Here!

1 hour ago, Spidey Freak said:

Er... why is superhero fatigue being discussed for pages on end in the GOLDEN GLOBES thread again? 

Because everyone thinks Inarritu hates comic book movies based on some silly comments he made (like does anyone believe that he really thinks they are "cultural genocide" making other kinds of movies suffer when he just got north of $100M to make what is basically the most expensive "arthouse" movie ever made? I doubt it).

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, DarthWalker said:

Grace is stupid

She wants a pg 13 deadpool

She said if they had to make it R-rated, she would prefer it if it came in two cuts: R-rated and PG-13, because that would strengthen its BO chances. The comics aren't R-rated, just the video games, so it isn't like PG-13 would kill the character. The green band trailer had the same impact as the red band trailer. Making it R-rated is just unnecessary fanboy pandering, because Fox knows they screwed up with Origins. But it's not like fanboys wouldn't turn up for a PG-13 film. Now you have a situation where the character's appeal is reduced and families and children are barred from contributing to the movie's gross.

Wouldn't be surprised to see KFP3 or TFA "magically" see boosts in dailies and weekend grosses after Deadpool comes out. Also, she is right in that Zoolander 2 has more buzz with casual audiences than Deadpool and it may deliver a massive blow when it releases the next week.

Edited by Spidey Freak

8 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Because everyone thinks Inarritu hates comic book movies based on some silly comments he made (like does anyone believe that he really thinks they are "cultural genocide" making other kinds of movies suffer when he just got north of $100M to make what is basically the most expensive "arthouse" movie ever made? I doubt it).

May I also point out that last year's "anti-superhero movie" Oscar ceremony was written by none other than the scribes of Green Lantern? :P It really seems a sour case of "Why didn't our turd do as good as all these other flicks?" and they took Inarritu's comments as a free pass to pettily bash the genre (which explains why such jokes were made right after the "Hero" themed year when the Academy actually celebrated superhero movies). 

1 hour ago, Spidey Freak said:

Er... why is superhero fatigue being discussed for pages on end in the GOLDEN GLOBES thread again? 

Because The Coon is posting and people are engaging him for some reason

• Like 1

just woke up to the happy news , yes i predicted over at AD for my NGNG no guts no glory that mad max would win nothing , revenant would win best pic best director and jlaw best actress 

leo winning was a sure thing for me and these predicts were like upsets or unlikely 

i seriously hope this means the  revenant is winning the big four BP BA BD BC at the oscars , alternate the martian except BA that oscar already has leo's name on it , i will have an epic fit if he doesn't win 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

She said if they had to make it R-rated, she would prefer it if it came in two cuts: R-rated and PG-13, because that would strengthen its BO chances. The comics aren't R-rated, just the video games, so it isn't like PG-13 would kill the character. The green band trailer had the same impact as the red band trailer. Making it R-rated is just unnecessary fanboy pandering, because Fox knows they screwed up with Origins. But it's not like fanboys wouldn't turn up for a PG-13 film. Now you have a situation where the character's appeal is reduced and families and children are barred from contributing to the movie's gross.

Gotta disagree here. Both of Deadpool's red band trailers have been much better than the green band ones (though the new green band trailer is much better than the initial one). Sure, Deadpool doesn't need f-bombs to work, but it helps to get the spirit across in the context of a modern movie and the violence, even in the comic books, isn't very PG-13.

Maybe they could've made a movie just as good as the one we're (hopefully) getting, but either they didn't write a good line in the movie that wasn't profanity-riddled or if they did, they didn't share them with the people cutting the trailers. Because as somebody who is very excited to see the movie, if I hadn't seen the red-band trailer I'd think it looked awful. 

Quite surprising Globe winners! They went to support popular stars/movies.

Once again, this proves how crowded and difficult to predict this year is. There is not a frontrunner, and there will not be a clear one. I can picture an scenario where either Spotlight, Carol, The big short, MMFR or The Martian takes the Oscar. Even Revenant has gained momentum this last week thanks to BO and GG wins.

And that's awesome!

I think it's pretty clear Martian, Revenant, MMFR, Carol, Spotlight and The big short will be nommed for BP. But what else will be nommed this Thursday? Room? Compton? Brooklyn? Spies? Inside Out? Sicario? Hard to tell

13 minutes ago, The Gotham Bank said:

Room or Sicario pls.

Inside Out, please!

Besides it, I'm fine with any of the possibilities except of Compton (hate that movie) and Sicario (disappointing, IMHO).

Given I'm usually embarrassed with Oscars, it bodes well for Compton and Sicario, and bad for Room and Inside Out.

:(

1 hour ago, stripe said:

I think it's pretty clear Martian, Revenant, MMFR, Carol, Spotlight and The big short will be nommed for BP. But what else will be nommed this Thursday? Room? Compton? Brooklyn? Spies? Inside Out? Sicario? Hard to tell

Carol definitely isn't a lock, it's snub at PGA hurts it too much. My current predictions:

Those 5

6. Bridge of Spies

7. Sicario 

8. Straight Outta Compton

9. Carol

Bridge of Spies has everything going for it, I'll be surprised if it misses. Sicario has been doing very well at the guilds. SOC has PGA-WGA-SAG, and the only movie to be nominated for them and miss is Bridesmaids. Then I have Carol in since PGA typically misses one.