Impact

Best Picture predictions-2016!

Chances of a win in descending order:

La La Land: It's obviously winning something.

Fences: Locked for Supporting Actress.

Hacksaw Ridge: It's more than likely winning Sound Editing unless they go casual and check La La Land.

Moonlight: It's the favorite for Supporting Actor and Screenplay, but neither are locked.

Manchester by the Sea: Affleck is in a very tight race, and there's still the possibility of Screenplay.

Arrival: It still has a shot at Editing and Screenplay.

Hell or High Water: I'm not counting out Bridges yet; Supporting Actor is a three way race.

Hidden Figures: There's a very outside chance of Screenplay.

Lion: Yeah, it's not winning anything.

It's possible 7 of the nominees win something.

Edited by WrathOfHan

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

I feel like Actor is 50/50 between Denzel and Casey. No idea who is winning.

It's funny how much the lead actor/actress odds have changed since the SAG awards.

Before the SAG's best actor was a virtual lock for Affleck and best actress was a two way race (but with momentum going in opposite directions), with a third still having a legitimate chance, now best actor is a toss up and Emma is far and away the front runner.

I guess the only awards left of any significance until the big night is the BAFTA's, but in the main acting categories it will be hard to judge anything since significant Oscar players Denzel and Huppert aren't even nominated.

I am probably going to see Hacksaw finally soon.

I was looking around to see what people thought of the nominees this year.
I've heard people liking La La Land (but not the script and the ending-but they do like the cinematography and the music), really liking Hidden Figures and Hacksaw meanwhile. Fences I've heard a few things about, Hell over High Water I've heard people say is great. Arrival-heard good things from people.
The other 3 nominees-not sure if I have heard ANYONE talk about them at all.

Started to count the predicts but got too tired.

(I did get 100% on picture, director, actor and supporting actress though)
I have asked for help on it for a few days, if others can maybe count there points it be easier. (you can PM me the points)

I'm skipping that one for now-anyway hope I am getting the scores right, seems like there is a very CLOSE lead between a few users so far all separated by just 1 point each.

(I did find another entry that had a predict twice, but it didn't matter as the film wasn't nominated-but still something we should of looked for earlier I think)

The user Infernus made his a little difficult-he didn't put the movie down for the acting categories, except for supporting actress where he only put the movie title down.

Kind of hard to judge based off of this (at least he didn't put down just Nocturnal Animals for supporting actor)

But still since some had more then 1 film and while some films had multiple campaigns...(I remember in 2001 that it was believed Nicole Kidman would split the vote and not be nominated as she was also being campaigned for the film The Others)

the BAFTAs really spreading the love around in the technical categories so far.

Original Score: La La Land

Editing: Hacksaw Ridge

Production Design: Fantastic Beasts

Costumes: Jackie

Sound Mixing: Arrival

Makeup: FFJ

if anyone's been suspecting that it won't be complete La La Land domination on Oscar night this adds a little more weight. I'd definitely been thinking that FB might pull an Alice in Wonderland and take production design or costumes or both. 

R

9 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

the BAFTAs really spreading the love around in the technical categories so far.

Original Score: La La Land

Editing: Hacksaw Ridge

Production Design: Fantastic Beasts

Costumes: Jackie

Sound Mixing: Arrival

Makeup: FFJ

if anyone's been suspecting that it won't be complete La La Land domination on Oscar night this adds a little more weight. I'd definitely been thinking that FB might pull an Alice in Wonderland and take production design or costumes or both. 

Very spread out.

Manchester got Best Original Screenplay, but LLL adds Best Cinematography.

• Like 1

So where do you think 2016 will fall on here:

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/oscar/bestpichist.htm?view=&sort=gross&order=DESC&p=.htm

For a while I thought it would be about the same as 2011, but now it looks to make more. (HF and La La Land are both making quite a bit still while Lion is picking up. The rest of the noms though likely wont make that much more)