efialtes76

Weekend revised estimates and 4 days totals pg 43 4 day est: RA2: 41.6: The Rev: 39.0... SW7: 32.5

Way off topic but I'm watching, "Why a spoon?"  "Cause it would hurt more you TWIT!" in honour of Alan Rickman.  Hans is his best role, no doubt, but Sheriff of Nottingham is a very close second.

• Like 13

38 minutes ago, Goffe said:

He has 3 fresh movies on RT (300 being the third one). I would also like to add that his rotten movies, with the exception of SP, didn't got horrible reviews. Guardians and MOS both have a score of +50% on RT.

Unlike Michale Bay. Now, that's a bad director.

His actions sequences are actually pretty good, compared to lets say Nolan he a master of the them.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Way off topic but I'm watching, "Why a spoon?"  "Cause it would hurt more you TWIT!" in honour of Alan Rickman.  Hans is his best role, no doubt, but Sheriff of Nottingham is a very close second.

By Grabthar's Hammer I disagree about his 2nd best role.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Baumer said:

Scenery-chewing at its finest. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Baumer said:

“By Grabthar’s hammer, I will avenge you.”

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

Speaking of Snyder will BvS be O/U Man of Steel on RT ? I honestly feel like it could be around Watchmen. 

Judging solely from the trailers and commercials thus far, I doubt it will be fresh. It will be higher than Deadpool, I know that(but I feel I may enjoy DP more).  

2 hours ago, CJohn said:

I don't agree with you, I think if 13 Hours was made by someone else but it was the exact same movie it would have gotten fresh reviews. So we have to agree to disagree. Btw, Snyder already has two fresh movies, before the hate against him set in.

Idk, but I also think people saying critics having some vendetta against certain directors is reactionary.  There's the more likely possibility that the movies Bay makes aren't movies that most critics end up liking.

I can see people's arguments for 13 Hours being a decent film from an objective standpoint.  But it has more than enough technical flaws to warrant any negative review it gets.  Not to mention deeper flaws with how the subject matter was treated itself. (And that too got a lot sympathy from critics.  Because even though he didn't give the subject matter a good and nuanced treatment, he didn't treat it as disrespectfully as he's treated true stories in the past.  Which i found dumb but that's beside the point). 

Critics who gave this movie a rotten review likely were not sitting on their high horses going, "Oh, a Bay film?  ROTTEN!"  I think they genuinely didn't like the movie, because yes, this is definitely a movie that can and will garner a lot of dislike.  Same with his other rotten films and Snyder.

For example, the reason I have given nearly every Snyder and Bay film a bad review isn't because they're Snyder/Bay films.  It's because each movie I watched, I genuinely did not like the film.  I don't just randomly decide that I am going to trash every Snyder/Bay film.  I will say they both have cinematic tendencies in nearly all of their films that I flat out don't like.

Anyways, point is, people need to stop assuming every time so and so director or studio gets bad reviews that it's some personal vendetta against the filmmaker or something else like that.  It's a silly argument and makes it seem like you're trying to make excuses for negative reception of a filmmaker you might like.

• Like 4

http://deadline.com/2016/01/ride-along-2-begins-to-zoom-in-thursday-previews-box-office-1201683644/

3RD UPDATE,8:49PM Refresh for update: Not just Universal’s Ride Along 2but 20th Century Fox’s The Revenant are pushing all-time champ Star Wars: The Force Awakens to third place over the MLK holiday weekend. Industry projections for the Kevin Hart-Ice Cube comedy sequel have calmed down to $40.2M over four-days at 3,175 venues, and $34M over 3-days.

Revenant, fueled by 12 Oscar nominations including best picture, director, actor and supporting actor, is eyeing $31M over FSS and $36.8M over FSSM.

For a film in its fifth weekend of wide release, $34.7M is pretty fantastic for Disney’s Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Paramount’s 13 Hours is holding on to fourth with an estimated $21.4M over FSSM at 2,389 venues.

Lionsgate’s Norm of the North is currently looking at a sixth place debut with a 3-day of $5.9M and 4-day of $7.9M

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

http://deadline.com/2016/01/ride-along-2-begins-to-zoom-in-thursday-previews-box-office-1201683644/

3RD UPDATE,8:49PM Refresh for update: Not just Universal’s Ride Along 2but 20th Century Fox’s The Revenant are pushing all-time champ Star Wars: The Force Awakens to third place over the MLK holiday weekend. Industry projections for the Kevin Hart-Ice Cube comedy sequel have calmed down to $40.2M over four-days at 3,175 venues, and $34M over 3-days.

Revenant, fueled by 12 Oscar nominations including best picture, director, actor and supporting actor, is eyeing $31M over FSS and $36.8M over FSSM.

For a film in its fifth weekend of wide release, $34.7M is pretty fantastic for Disney’s Star Wars: The Force Awakens.

Paramount’s 13 Hours is holding on to fourth with an estimated $21.4M over FSSM at 2,389 venues.

Lionsgate’s Norm of the North is currently looking at a sixth place debut with a 3-day of $5.9M and 4-day of $7.9M

it would be fantastic for TFA to get a 34-35 4 day. I was thinking 32 would be really fine. would be okay with 30.

• Like 2