Mockingjay Raphael

Weekend Numbers: 1) Revenant 16.0 | 2) Star Wars 14.25 | 3) Ride Along 2 12.96 pg 49

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Let's put it this way... I went to see Jurassic World with my nerd friends... We saw Pitch Perfect 2 right after.... Most of us preferred the latter quite a bit

Considering it's JW, that's not hard :P 

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I have no intention of ever watching the Pitch Perfect franchise but I feel like a future GF would make me watch them.

If she does, dump her. Seriously. I don't know how guys settle for girls like that. I have no patience for that and never have had any. Most girls are big fans of Sex and the City, 50 Shades of Grey, Pitch Perfect, Twilight, and similarly terrible entertainment, but you know a keeper when she also thinks all of that is crap -- because it is -- and prefers to watch something that doesn't suck. 

After years of dating someone, you realize how important it is that they don't have crap taste in movies / TV, otherwise you're going to be stuck watching a lot of it and any time you suggest going to see something intellectual or something that's a lot of fun like a big Marvel blockbuster, you're going to get, "Eww, that's so nerdy, I don't care about superheroes" or "I don't like movies to be too thoughtful, that's just boring." Ugh. Maybe if I wasn't such a big movie fan it wouldn't matter, but that's a deal breaker to me.

EDIT: I would prefer to be a "lost cause" than to understand how anyone could like Pitch Perfect. There are VERY few movies on my "if someone likes this, I have no respect for their taste in films" list, but that's one of them. Almost everything else, fine, whatever. But if someone says they love Pitch Perfect, I won't take their opinion about any other movies seriously because it's obvious we have ZERO in common when it comes to what makes a good film. I'd love to know what else would be a better word to describe THIS: 

than gay? 

I mean... I am trying, and cannot find it. I want there to be an English word that does that justice, but the shoulder shrugging, the stupid expressions, the painful singing, the bad pop music... what other word does that justice? It's cringe-worthy. 

I'll leave it at that. I won't be talking about Pitch Perfect anymore as it makes my blood boil.

Edited by JonathanLB

I think you're a bit of a neanedrathal if you think there are movies that only gay men can enjoy.  First of all that's kind of offensive and second of all, discounting a film and categorizing it as only a "gay film" is really backwards thinking.  For example, I saw Magic Mike in theaters by myself.  I enjoyed it immensely.  Does that make me gay?  I mean who says these kinds of things anymore?

• Like 13

11 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

If she does, dump her. Seriously. I don't know how guys settle for girls like that. I have no patience for that and never have had any. Most girls are big fans of Sex and the City, 50 Shades of Grey, Pitch Perfect, Twilight, and similarly terrible entertainment, but you know a keeper when she also thinks all of that is crap -- because it is -- and prefers to watch something that doesn't suck. 

After years of dating someone, you realize how important it is that they don't have crap taste in movies / TV, otherwise you're going to be stuck watching a lot of it and any time you suggest going to see something intellectual or something that's a lot of fun like a big Marvel blockbuster, you're going to get, "Eww, that's so nerdy, I don't care about superheroes" or "I don't like movies to be too thoughtful, that's just boring." Ugh. Maybe if I wasn't such a big movie fan it wouldn't matter, but that's a deal breaker to me.

EDIT: I would prefer to be a "lost cause" than to understand how anyone could like Pitch Perfect. There are VERY few movies on my "if someone likes this, I have no respect for their taste in films" list, but that's one of them. Almost everything else, fine, whatever. But if someone says they love Pitch Perfect, I won't take their opinion about any other movies seriously because it's obvious we have ZERO in common when it comes to what makes a good film. I'd love to know what else would be a better word to describe THIS: 

than gay? 

I mean... I am trying, and cannot find it. I want there to be an English word that does that justice, but the shoulder shrugging, the stupid expressions, the painful singing, the bad pop music... what other word does that justice? It's cringe-worthy. 

I'll leave it at that. I won't be talking about Pitch Perfect anymore as it makes my blood boil.

One, this is ridiculous.  Not your opinions, per say, but what you're using to arrive at them.

Two, anyone who says No Diggity is bad pop music can GTFO, lol.

Edited by RyneOh1040
Change.
  • Like 4

• Community Manager
11 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

than gay? 

Find a word that actually describes it.  You are obviously uncomfortable with homosexuality but just because someone is gay doesn't mean they are into the video or that's a good way to define homosexuality.

You can use the word "annoying". Annoying is acceptable. You can use the word "stupid." Stupid is acceptable.

Pitch Perfect by the way is not a gay movie. A gay movie generally focuses on homosexual romance as part of the main plot and while the audience is usually LGBT members, it's not just for them.

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Pitch Perfect 6 is gonna be amazing.

It will really get back on track after the failure of the new cast in 3 and they bring everyone back for 4. 

• Like 2

Well, I'm glad you and I are as diametric as can be when it comes to our so called taste in film.  I'd never want to be mistaken for you.  

• Like 3

It's cool we have a time traveling cave man on this site...I mean, what fucking year is this?  Using gay as an insult, ffs, is JonathanLB from the 1950's?  And is he really too dumb to understand how other people like different things than he does?? lol get a clue man.

Also, all the snow is going to kill the box office this weekend.  New Yorker here and not looking forward to being buried in 1+ feet of snow all weekend...ugh.

Edited by FTF
  • Like 4