terrestrial

weekend actuals | Revenant 16.01 | SW7 14.08 | RA 2 12.46 | Dirty Grandpa 11.11 | Boy 10.78 | 5th Wave 10.33 | 13h 9.03 | DH 4.94 | Norm 3.83 | BigShort 3.18 | Sisters 1.77 | chart post 1

2 hours ago, 75live said:

I would say either Creed or The Big Short

Well, my workout for the day is a "fighter" routine, so I'm going to go with that theme and watch Creed. Thanks for the suggest!

Edited by DamienRoc
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

Well, my workout for the day is a "fighter" routine, so I'm going to go with that theme and watch Creed. Thanks for the suggest!

hope you enjoy it :) 

• Like 1

It's funny when you look at the per theater averages and realize there must be a lot of REALLY crappy theaters out there. Like my TFA showing last night at 7:15 p.m. had 50 people in it minimum, at $18 per ticket for IMAX, which is $900. That's one single showing and it's showing on two screens, a regular 2D screen as well. The average for the whole weekend per theater is $4,000. That means there must be some empty, crappy theaters in the middle of nowhere dragging down the average. Figure my theater is pulling just 150 people per day to the IMAX, that's $8,100 over the weekend for the IMAX screen. If the 2D screen is doing just $3,000 that's still well over $10K from that theater and it's not really a special theater. 

19 minutes ago, JonathanLB said:

It's funny when you look at the per theater averages and realize there must be a lot of REALLY crappy theaters out there. Like my TFA showing last night at 7:15 p.m. had 50 people in it minimum, at $18 per ticket for IMAX, which is $900. That's one single showing and it's showing on two screens, a regular 2D screen as well. The average for the whole weekend per theater is $4,000. That means there must be some empty, crappy theaters in the middle of nowhere dragging down the average. Figure my theater is pulling just 150 people per day to the IMAX, that's $8,100 over the weekend for the IMAX screen. If the 2D screen is doing just $3,000 that's still well over $10K from that theater and it's not really a special theater. 

Most theater screens are a lot smaller than that. The average screen might be at 100-150 people, but I'd bet on the low end.

So say you've got a small theater, 100 seats, 4 showings a day, so 1200 tickets sold over the weekend. If it had an $8 ticket price and sold out the weekend, it's going to get $9600. That's if it's sold out.

TFA is a 6 week old film. It's still popular, but it's not going to sell out. So this small theater may only have 2 or 3 showtimes a day. Say 8 over the weekend. And it's pulling in 40 people a screening, which is optimistic. So now it's $2500 for the weekend. It's still doing good business for that theater.

Also, pretty much by definition, IMAX is special.

• Like 2

Both dates already updated in their threads, only to be complete:

Disney is ditching DreamWorks films--both THE GIRL ON THE TRAIN and GHOST IN THE SHELL have been removed from their release calendar.

Paramount will now release GHOST IN THE SHELL on March 31, 2017.

Girl... Universal

3 hours ago, terrestrial said:

Both dates already updated in their threads, only to be complete:

Disney is ditching DreamWorks films--both THE GIRL ON THE TRAIN and GHOST IN THE SHELL have been removed from their release calendar.

Paramount will now release GHOST IN THE SHELL on March 31, 2017.

Girl... Universal

Dunno about Ghost in the Shell, but it seems stupid to me to drop The Girl on the Train. That book is hugely popular. It is freakin everywhere. 

13 hours ago, James said:

Dunno about Ghost in the Shell, but it seems stupid to me to drop The Girl on the Train. That book is hugely popular. It is freakin everywhere. 

Universal will be releasing it through their DreamWorks deal now (still set for October 7).