kayumanggi

A DOG'S PURPOSE | 01.27.17 | Universal | final gross ● 64.51M

On 2/4/2017 at 9:03 PM, NoobSaibot said:

Hopefully TMZ ends up like Gawker. Deliberately creating a news story that damages a production's reputation should make them vulnerable to a hefty lawsuit.

Universal has deep pockets and an army of lawyers. It can bleed TMZ and PETA dry if it chooses to. Hopefully, it chooses. 

6 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

According to our own Chinese forum section this movie is breaking out big over there. If I read it correctly $100M is actually a possibility for this in China. Crazy.

.....why China

6 hours ago, John Marston said:

To salivate over which dogs they'd like to eat?

There are many people who love dogs. You can’t imagine many people’s telephone numbers, QQ numbers and ID numbers, home addresses were spread to Internet by dog lovers and they were in danger because they hurt dogs.

Back to the topic, we called this kind of film Chicken Soup for the Soul / Soft Films.

Most Chinese loved those kinds of film and gave high scores(Douban TOP.250)

1. Complicated story / unexpected ending film. Like all Nolan / Quentin films, Saw Lock, Stock and Two Smoking BarrelsThe Life of David GaleThe Matrix 3The Butterfly EffectID Identity. Some are really love this kind of films, a part of them don’t but wanna use it to show their "high IQ” for snob value.

2. Soft Films. Like HachiLes choristesFlippedThe Bucket ListKikujiro, I Am Sam. If they crying, 10/10 will be given. 

3. Criticize the social system / show dark humanity. Like most Korean film. They will always say China and Chinese films are worthless after watching it.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Gavin Feng said:

A Dog’s Purpose will take Logan down this weekend in China. 

It goes to show that some stereotypes are wildly wrong. But then again trying to group 1,3 billion people together is just pure ignorance.

The bigger question though is, is Logan still crossing 100m dollars? I'm fine with A Dog's Purpose doing better business but I really need Logan to do 100 million there for my club...

12 minutes ago, Arlborn said:

It goes to show that some stereotypes are wildly wrong. But then again trying to group 1,3 billion people together is just pure ignorance.

The bigger question though is, is Logan still crossing 100m dollars? I'm fine with A Dog's Purpose doing better business but I really need Logan to do 100 million there for my club...

I think no chance for Logan to make $100m in China. Second FRI increase is worse than Civil War(Total/OW=$191.73m/$96.59m=1.98). Logan face greater competition in next few weeks(Civil War only faced Angry BirdsAllegiant and Alice 2). Logan OW = $49.59m. Total<$49.59m×1.98=$98m

• Like 1

On 3/8/2017 at 6:06 AM, davincicode1 said:

Unless your movie involves black people and promotes black empowerment *cough*Birth of Nation*cough*

Oh please. That film's director being a rapist probably had something to do with it. Don't even try and deny it, he only got off because he had consensual sex with the victim at some point previous to the rape. After the trial the University let him harass the girl on campus, until she had to drop out. She later committed suicide.

LOL people who stereotype all of China for eating dogs were dumb as hell anyway. It's a particular festival and the pearl clutching is ridiculous since y'all eay cows, pigs, chicken, and goats. Americans loving fish didn't stop them from making Finding Nemo and Finding Dory a massive hit. 

1 hour ago, PDC1987 said:

Oh please. That film's director being a rapist probably had something to do with it. Don't even try and deny it, he only got off because he had consensual sex with the victim at some point previous to the rape. After the trial the University let him harass the girl on campus, until she had to drop out. She later committed suicide.

didn't hurt Casey Affleck

Edited by ban1o