grim22

Fast X | May 19 2023 | Part 1 of an epic finale trilogy | Critics say Jason Momoa does a good job

This from Variety might help you to know why 13 years.

Diesel’s representatives did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Jonasson filed the sexual battery lawsuit under California’s Sexual Abuse and Cover Up Accountability Act, a 2022 law that created a one-year window to file certain suits that would otherwise be outside of the statute of limitations. For the suit to qualify, the defendant must have engaged in an attempt to cover up at least one previous sexual assault allegation.

The suit alleges that a few days before the Diesel incident, Jonasson was propositioned by another supervisor at his company, One Race. According to the complaint, the supervisor summoned her to his hotel room at the St. Regis, took off his shirt, got into bed and said “Come here.”

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Speedorito said:

Not saying this proves anything, but he’s always been kinda gross. There’s a whole video where he just keeps telling a journalist she’s beautiful when she’s trying to interview him and she’s clearly uncomfortable.

Awe man, that is creepy. After all his strong "family" messages too. :(

I hope the woman he supposedly assualted is able to find some closure eventually (in the case it's true). Many women don't report being assaulted for years, or ever due to being afraid of not being believed. She should definitely be heard out. 

I wonder if Riddick 4 will be canceled now?

• Like 2

Not going to provide any comment on the allegations themselves, but will say it makes me feel particularly uneasy that the electronic filing of the lawsuit and the release of the Vanity Fair article happened to occur on the same day. Someone had to have promised VF an "exclusive" because these detailed pieces usually occur days or weeks after the lawsuits become public knowledge (and one would have to be incredibly naive - these publications would do literally anything for a salacious scoop such as this - to think that Vin/his team were the ones responsible for something that doesn't paint him in a favorable light whatsoever).

Again, not a commentary on the unsettling allegations themselves, especially when Diesel himself hasn't responded to them yet, but it always rubs me the wrong way when the media is used for a (quite frankly, gross) "sex sells" narrative that ultimately ends up accomplishing nothing other than an effort to drive the court of public opinion away from one of the involved parties.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

I wonder if Riddick 4 will be canceled now?

Another RIDDICK sequel was always a struggle to get made, regardless.  

But yes, if this happens to blow-up further, Universal has that Hobbs/Reyes spin-off that they will obviously pursue...

5 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I’m not convinced that Vin Diesel’s career will end because of this. Hollywood doesn’t care about this stuff as much as some of you seem to think, at least not when it comes to the big names. 

It will have no impact unless like 5 10 women come out and say the same thing

This is not 2017 where a career gets cancelled by a single tweet.

• Like 2
  • Knock It Off 1

19 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

I’m not convinced that Vin Diesel’s career will end because of this. Hollywood doesn’t care about this stuff as much as some of you seem to think, at least not when it comes to the big names. 

If that was the case, then we wouldn't have had so many big names cancelled. Vin will survive this if there's no new accusations, but a couple more would kill his career, this is not 80s or 90s when nobody cared or reacted to this stuff.

Edited by Firepower

5 hours ago, Firepower said:

If that was the case, then we wouldn't have had so many big names cancelled. Vin will survive this if there's no new accusations, but a couple more would kill his career, this is not 80s or 90s when nobody cared or reacted to this stuff.

Most of the big names got cancelled at the start of metoo

Since a lot of people get accused and only got in big trouble if they had many accusations

On 12/23/2023 at 8:37 AM, Firepower said:

How many big names have actually been “canceled” long term? The only one I can think of that seems to have stuck so far is James Franco. Even Kevin Spacey has been slowly making a comeback. Hollywood only cares about this stuff if they see it as a threat to their bottomline. 

Hell, Paul Walker had a 16 year old girlfriend, and they’re supposedly going to bring him back as a deepfake. 

Edited by WittyUsername

35 minutes ago, WittyUsername said:

How many big names have actually been “canceled” long term? The only one I can think of that seems to have stuck so far is James Franco. Even Kevin Spacey has been slowly making a comeback. Hollywood only cares about this stuff if they see it as a threat to their bottomline. 

Hell, Paul Walker had a 16 year old girlfriend, and they’re supposedly going to bring him back as a deepfake. 

I don't know if doing a interview with a Russian propaganda agent ( spacey just did one with tucker Carlson) is a start of a comeback. ( it isn't it just shows how far he's fallen)

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Reddroast said:

I don't know if doing a interview with a Russian propaganda agent ( spacey just did one with tucker Carlson) is a start of a comeback. ( it isn't it just shows how far he's fallen)

Well, the European film industry has welcomed him with open arms. I wouldn’t put it past Hollywood to accept him back if they believed the public forgot about it. He did win that sexual assault trial against him, after all. 

On 12/25/2023 at 10:30 AM, WittyUsername said:

Well, the European film industry has welcomed him with open arms. I wouldn’t put it past Hollywood to accept him back if they believed the public forgot about it. He did win that sexual assault trial against him, after all. 

By Europeans I assume you mean the French and we know how much the French film industry loves their rapists. The thing is Kevin Spacey's actions have gotten way too much mainstream media coverage for him to ever start getting work for something big in Hollywood again. It's a massive risk for any major studio to greenlight a multi-million dollar movie with him in it.

• Like 3

On 12/24/2023 at 11:03 PM, WittyUsername said:

Cancel culture isn't real. It's a term that was made up by conservatives and rich folk so they don't have to worry about being held accountable for their actions. Just create some false boogeyman that makes it easier for them to not actually get in trouble.

It's always funny to me how people decry cancel culture and how it ruins lives, yet every time it happens, either increased sales happen, or said figures, who 9 times out of 9 are richer than we will ever be, are given a new opportunity a few months later. Like it doesn't actually matter or something.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1