Blankments

HARDCORE HENRY | April 8th, 2016 | First Person Action Movie....with SHARLTO COPLEY!

This could be awesome, but the 1st person looks cheap, like it was shot with Go Pro. And the trailer music has really left a bad impression on me, makes this look goofy rather than some hardcore Stathom-esque action that it looks like its trying to be. As Damien Roc said, Idk if this is a good idea for full length.

3 hours ago, Telemachos said:

That's literally the only way to shoot something like this right now. 

And that's what's going to keep a gimmick like this from fully resonating. For a true first-person experience we need to invent camera contact lenses

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

And that's what's going to keep a gimmick like this from fully resonating. For a true first-person experience we need to invent camera contact lenses

We need to turn human beings themselves into cameras.

5 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I love the MPAA Rating description :lol: http://www.boxofficemojo.com/schedule/?view=mpaa&p=.htm

"Rated R for non-stop bloody brutal violence and mayhem, language throughout, sexual content/nudity and drug use"

This has the trailer passing on the IMAX screen before Deadpool here. It seems like an insane IMAX experience.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

This has the trailer passing on the IMAX screen before Deadpool here. It seems like an insane IMAX experience.

BVS will still have IMAX screens but other PLF formats were confirmed in the trailer. This seems like it would be really fun in Atmos.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

BVS will still have IMAX screens but other PLF formats were confirmed in the trailer. This seems like it would be really fun in Atmos.

Well, in Portugal BvS is not locked for 3 weeks, just two :)

Either Hardcore Henry or Cloverfield will get IMAX here on April 7.

• Like 1

While I still can't buy into the gimmick at the theater, this thing will be a monster hit on the VR's. I may be thinking a little too ambitious here atm, but if its successful on VR, we could see Hollywood push the gimmick out fast like 3D and found footage. A movie like the Raid for instance would be sick on VR, even though it's not in 1st person.

Could see more 1st person movies, or movies formatted in 1st person just for the VR. Will be interesting to see if this catches on, of it'll stick mainly niche to video games for a while.

• Like 1

This is a film where I don't care how 'good' it is. The concept alone is worth the price of admission.

I want this film to do great because 2016 will be a big year for virtual reality products and I envision films down the road utilizing VR. First person shooter-movies like HH are suited well for VR. If this makes money, studios may seriously consider making similar movies but for VR usage. 

On 3/25/2016 at 3:17 PM, jandrew said:

While I still can't buy into the gimmick at the theater, this thing will be a monster hit on the VR's. I may be thinking a little too ambitious here atm, but if its successful on VR, we could see Hollywood push the gimmick out fast like 3D and found footage. A movie like the Raid for instance would be sick on VR, even though it's not in 1st person.

Could see more 1st person movies, or movies formatted in 1st person just for the VR. Will be interesting to see if this catches on, of it'll stick mainly niche to video games for a while.

I wrote my comment above without seeing that you beat me to the punch! haha

I would add that success here could not only spur more VR movies but make VR in and of itself more popular as a platform for other applications. Movies could be the catalyst. No pressure HH!

Edited by lilmac
  • Like 1