WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

2 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Estimates, right? Because literally everywhere this seem to be blowing up. 

Jack, you know we have an entire section dedicated to foreign numbers, right? :)

Also, bookmark this:

http://www.rentrak.com/section/movies_and_tv_everywhere/top_entertainment_rankings.html#1

I know this is the domestic thread and hence we talk domestic numbers, but there's a Chinese movie that has made 260 million dollars in China already, it opened bigger in China that Deadpool did here.  It's called Mermaid.  Truly huge performance.

5 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Jack, you know we have an entire section dedicated to foreign numbers, right? :)

Also, bookmark this:

http://www.rentrak.com/section/movies_and_tv_everywhere/top_entertainment_rankings.html#1

Done and done, Mr. B! (And yes, I say Mr. B in Harley Quinn's voice in my mind folks, it's totally not weird) 

7 minutes ago, Baumer said:

I know this is the domestic thread and hence we talk domestic numbers, but there's a Chinese movie that has made 260 million dollars in China already, it opened bigger in China that Deadpool did here.  It's called Mermaid.  Truly huge performance.

Must be a lot of chinese Cher and/or winona ryder fans.

• Like 2

American Sniper of this year:

-Both were Rated R

-Both opened on a 4-day weekend

-Both had great reviews

-Both opened in a month usually considered the dump months

-Both exceeded already high expectations

Completely different in plots, but similar in how and where they were released.

4 minutes ago, ThatOneGuy said:

American Sniper of this year:

-Both were Rated R

-Both opened on a 4-day weekend

-Both had great reviews

-Both opened in a month usually considered the dump months

-Both exceeded already high expectations

Completely different in plots, but similar in how and where they were released.

Both were violent. lol

27 minutes ago, Baumer said:

To make it sound more dramatic, it made $270m in 7 days and has a good shot at $500m.

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

Sunday was overestimated by about $2.5m when the actuals come in.  Should have about $132.5m 3 day.  

What about Zoolander2?

• Like 1

This weekend is a prime example of how building excitement for a niche property can pay off (Deadpool) and how it can not (Zoolander 2). Although I'm guessing Zoolander 2 was pretty much doomed no matter where it opened or whatever it faced given the terrible reviews and marketing.

• Like 3

Damn I really want Zoolander Sunday number. Why would they estimated to go up by 45% on Sunday? How exactly is that a Valentine's Day movie lol

• Like 3