WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

58 minutes ago, Baumer said:

HEY EVERYONE

THERE HAS BEEN SOME SPOILERS POSTED HERE, PERHAPS UNINTENTIONALLY.  BUT KEEP IN MIND, WHEN YOU POST ANYTHING IN HERE THAT IS FROM THE MOVIE, IT'S A SPOILER.  SO MOVIE LINES, SONGS PLAYED IN THE FILM, PLOT PIECES, ANYTHING....SO PLEASE BE DILIGENT WHEN POSTING IN HERE.

AS ALWAYS, IF YOU CONTINUE TO POST SPOILERS, YOU WILL ACCUMULATE POINTS.  PLEASE DON'T MAKE US ANGRY....YOU WOULDN'T LIKE US WHEN WE'RE ANGRY.

Thank you.

Do quotes and Songs that featured in the trailers/tv spots count?

2 minutes ago, department store basement said:

Yep, been getting that a lot lately.

The Boss too.

I wonder if Neighbors 2 will continue a similar trend for me.  Previous two movies I saw in theaters (Hail Caesar and Zoolander 2) had the trailer.  Then again, both were comedies, but who knows?

50 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

There's been over a decade since ROTS was released. Also, if it hadn't opened on a Thursday, it probably would have had a bigger opening than this. 

Still...this is not an Avengers sequel we're talking about here. This is a film many were legitimately wondering if it could pass Daredevil...total...unadjusted!

6 minutes ago, DeadArachnid!™ said:

Still...this is not an Avengers sequel we're talking about here. This is a film many were legitimately wondering if it could pass Daredevil...total...unadjusted!

I'm not knocking the performance of DP. It's legit astounding. But the way you phrased things made it sound like Fox is doing poorly with their overall OW numbers because they used to have the SW distribution license. And given the time that's passed since their last SW film and the way those films were released, it's not a fair comparison. 

6 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

I'm not knocking the performance of DP. It's legit astounding. But the way you phrased things made it sound like Fox is doing poorly with their overall OW numbers because they used to have the SW distribution license. And given the time that's passed since their last SW film and the way those films were released, it's not a fair comparison. 

...huh?

1 minute ago, department store basement said:

...huh?

Every single SW prequel was released on a Wednesday or Thursday. Doing that naturally depresses the OW.

ROTS had the biggest opening day of all time at the time of its release, but its OW was only #2 (behind Spider-Man). If it had opened on a Friday, it would have easily gotten the OW record. It's likely that record would have been above the DMC OW, so it would have held the record until SM3.

So, comparing Deadpool (Friday release, boosted Sunday) to ROTS (Thursday release, depressed 3-day) is very much apples and oranges. Deadpool's OW is fantastic, but it's a different beast.

1 hour ago, DamienRoc said:

Nope...only talking about DP vs Star Wars here...:)

54 minutes ago, K1stpierre said:

I have to see this movie.

My wife liked it more than I did. In fact, on IMDb females rate it higher than males in all age ranges.

I mean Betty White liked it.

Betty-White-Deadpool-322x268.jpg

:P

• Like 4