WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

1 minute ago, department store basement said:

Among trailers playing before movies the ones for Concussion were pretty strange. Eddie the Eagle is obvious and the Christian films were understandable. But 13 Hours, Ride Along 2, and Central Intelligence? Really?

The placement of those movies makes sense given that it was a Will Smith movie and they were also targeting the African American audience.

And putting Dirty Grandpa before The Revenant made sense as well: marketing a rowdy male-centric comedy in front of a male-centric action film (almost 60% of the film's wide opening audience was male). The studios decide on a movie by movie basis what films they want to be promoted before the movies of rival studios.

11 minutes ago, Rman823 said:

The fact that it's not from a major studio is the weird part. The movie doesn't even have its own Wikipedia page.  

It was by Universal and nominated for best actress and based off of a novel. Yes it has a Wikipedia page.

1 minute ago, Impact said:

It was by Universal and nominated for best actress and based off of a novel. Yes it has a Wikipedia page.

I was talking about my experience today with Deadpool . Sorry if I wasn't clear. I obviously didn't mean Pride and Prejudice. 

A similar case to his was when Dino Time was a trailer at Wreck it Ralph-it had no Wikipedia page as well. (Heck it has never even been released! It is like when there was some movie called Ring of Fire that was a trailer at The Perfect Storm I think and never came out until 2002 as a DTV film with a different title!)

4 minutes ago, Impact said:

A similar case to his was when Dino Time was a trailer at Wreck it Ralph-it had no Wikipedia page as well. (Heck it has never even been released! It is like when there was some movie called Ring of Fire that was a trailer at The Perfect Storm I think and never came out until 2002 as a DTV film with a different title!)

Maybe you meant to say Reign of Fire, that legendary masterpiece with McConaughey and Bale? That was released in theaters in 2002.

Just now, CJohn said:

Maybe you meant to say Reign of Fire, that legendary masterpiece with McConaughey and Bale? That was released in theaters in 2002.

Nope-it was Ring of Fire-it was a rodeo film!

I had to post after seeing the ridiculousness that The Matrix was a cult hit.  

Lol.  No.  That was a huge success from the start.  

Something like Rocky Horror, Clerks, The Big Lebowski, Office Space, They Live, etc.... are examples of cult classic movies.  

HEY EVERYONE

THERE HAS BEEN SOME SPOILERS POSTED HERE, PERHAPS UNINTENTIONALLY.  BUT KEEP IN MIND, WHEN YOU POST ANYTHING IN HERE THAT IS FROM THE MOVIE, IT'S A SPOILER.  SO MOVIE LINES, SONGS PLAYED IN THE FILM, PLOT PIECES, ANYTHING....SO PLEASE BE DILIGENT WHEN POSTING IN HERE.

AS ALWAYS, IF YOU CONTINUE TO POST SPOILERS, YOU WILL ACCUMULATE POINTS.  PLEASE DON'T MAKE US ANGRY....YOU WOULDN'T LIKE US WHEN WE'RE ANGRY.

Thank you.

• Like 6

1 hour ago, DeadArachnid!™ said:

#1 opening by a Fox film EVER. Which by itself blew my mind. But then I realized Fox was the studio which distributed a small franchise called Star Wars before it was bought by Disney.

Then I went...

giphy.gif

(But in a good way)

There's been over a decade since ROTS was released. Also, if it hadn't opened on a Thursday, it probably would have had a bigger opening than this.