GiantCALBears

Weekend Thread (actuals)- Deadpool $56.47m, KFP3 $12.52m, Risen $11.8m, Witch $8.8m, HTBS $8.2m, Race $7.35m (pg 36)

Haha I came here for Star Wars, I'm a fan boy for sure, but I'm not here to talk TFA at this point. It has been a great run but I'm still here to track other hits like Deadpool. I love TFA and am still seeing it often but if you didn't enjoy it, fine, whatever. It's a great movie to me, and many others!

Deadpool may not have the weekend some people want but it's still a huge hit and it wasn't really fair to expect $400M I don't think from the film. It will still end up at an incredible total. Well deserved I think. I have several friends who are going a second time.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Total Treecall said:

The inevitable Shay defense of GODS OF EGYPT is something to look forward to.

For a brief moment, I actually forgot that movie even existed, let alone was opening next weekend. Thank you for reminding me so I can continue to pretend to ignore it.

• Like 1

You call this person a friend?

Cut ties with this person.

I defended to an extent since he was being pretty harsh. I basically said it's an overlong yet watchable mess, which is how I've always felt. Also added that we'd probably appreciate it more after BvS.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, MrPink said:

You call this person a friend?

Cut ties with this person.

A colleague told me two days ago that 2001 is "boring" and "stupid", and "the only interesting part is the last 5 minutes". I have refused to communicate with him since.

• Like 4

Am I the only person here who has not seen Deadpool? It looks to have a second huge weekend. 

I haven't either. I'm still on the fence. Nothing my friends have said about it has swayed me. It's still hard for me to muster any desire to see it. Maybe I will, maybe I won't.

Just now, grey ghost said:

Yup basically every other month is going to have a fanboy war.

BvS

Civil War

X-men Apocalypse

Suicide Squad

Dr. Strange

Rogue One

But can you guys list 10 movies from 2016 that will be fun to debate outside the above films?

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows

Ghostbusters 3

Fantastic Beasts and Where to find them

Star Trek: Beyond

• Like 1