Kalo

Best Actor predictions-2016

On 1/12/2017 at 0:37 AM, Impact said:

Could this be the first year since 1997 no real life winner wins? (I was thinking Fences was a true story for some reason, but it isn't)

Though in 2007 and 2008 it was thought no real life winner would happen but they did.

(Really hope to see a year where all Americans win acting again! Which I thought was going to happen last year, has not happened since 1997)

Actress is the only real spoiler here.

Actor is between Affleck and Washington

Supporting Actor is ATJ, Ali or Bridges

Supporting Actress is Davis

Actress is the only one that might spin non-fiction with Portman.  But I think Stone is taking it.

8 hours ago, La La Panda said:

Actress is the only real spoiler here.

Actor is between Affleck and Washington

Supporting Actor is ATJ, Ali or Bridges

Supporting Actress is Davis

Actress is the only one that might spin non-fiction with Portman.  But I think Stone is taking it.

Affleck is locked for Actor. It isn't a race.

• Like 1

Casey Affleck for Manchester by the Sea

Andrew Garfield for Hacksaw Ridge

Ryan Gosling for La La Land

Viggo Mortensen for Captain Fantastic

Denzel Washington for Fences

Alt: Jake Gyllenhaal for Nocturnal Animals

One performance that was so sadly overlooked this year, because it was too early in the year, was Kevin Costner in Criminal.  Probably the best male performance of the year for me.

1 minute ago, Spaghetti by the Sea said:

I'd say Gosling can win this now. If the sexual harassment stuff doesn't get to him, Affleck's performance may not be fully to the taste of the academy. Could see another Keaton/Redmayne situation with this. 

Depends on who wins SAG. If Affleck wins, it's his to lose.

1 hour ago, BirdMan said:

nah , denzel only has the SAG  , everything else went to Affleck 

the four acting cats are pretty much locked 

"Everything else" just means the critics' awards and the Globe so it's possible Affleck has been this year Fincher/Linklater of the best actor race all along. It's definitely a race now.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Jake Gittes said:

"Everything else" just means the critics' awards and the Globe so it's possible Affleck has been this year Fincher/Linklater of the best actor race all along. It's definitely a race now.

will probably win the BAFTA too , Denzel isn't even nominated there 

this SAG was more like " hey this great actor has like 500 awards and not a single one from us so let's give him this one because we don't know if he will be as good as this year with not many close performances by other actors  in the near future  " , the oscar can still go his way but the chances are weak 

Denzel is winning. Hammy performance vs subtle = AMPAS always goes for ham.

Casey has a controversy that isn't going away. Sure, BAFTA is an advantage but now that he's vulnerable due to Denzel win, we'll likely hear more and more about his sex offense. Smear campaign is on the way.