WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates: (Page 18): Deadpool 31.5M | Gods 14M | KFP 9M | Risen 7M | Eddie 6.3M | Triple 9 6.1M | Spectre 16k (lol)

8 minutes ago, RyneOh1040 said:

Yep and she's who I was referring to in being put off.  Lol at someone comparing Star Wars fresh faces to these, I get the sentiment but if you know anything about Becky G you'll no it's a comparison that just doesn't work.  Hoping the screenwriters can save this.

Yeah she's concerning but RJ Cyler is definitely an inspired casting choice though so who knows

6 hours ago, sfran43 said:

9.) The Witch (A24), 2,046 theaters / $1.3M-$1.5M Fri. (-54%) /3-day cume: $4.1M (-53%)/Total cume: $15.7M/ Wk 2

That's very good for the Witch if it holds. From all the talk about how alienating it was to mainstream audiences, I thought an over 60% drop was a foregone conclusion. If this movie somehow reaches 20M itwill be a huge win for A24.

3 hours ago, tonytr87 said:

If it wins we could be looking at 200mil after all 

The Revenant won't do another 30m after a 4m weekend even if it wins everything sunday night. The only BP winners that made big money after they won in the last decade are Slumdog and King's Speech with 43m and 21m respectively. Keep in mind both of them expanded to over 2000 theatres much later in their run than the Revenant. King's Speech at the end of Junuary and Slumdog Millonaire on oscar weekend. 

I think if Revenant wins big like most people predicting it will end up between 180-185m but not much more. Even Gladiator unadjusted seems like a reach.

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, lab276 said:

Who on earth would watch London has Fallen over Gods of Egypt?

Me.

My mum actually wants to watch London Has Fallen lmao. To put that in perspective, the films she's watched in the past 6 months consist of Joy, The Danish Girl, Brooklyn, and Spotlight. :lol:

14 hours ago, CJohn said:

Gods of Egypt is flopping even here, in Portugal, where these fantasy epics always do good money. Our distributor did an impressive marketing campaign for it. I am shocked tbh. 

Well, it will be huge here. Maybe it won't end up in Top 10 for 2016 as I predicted, but it won't be very far either. It's selling out in a lot of places. It should hold well next weekend with no major competition. In two weeks though, Allegiant will destroy it (Insurgent was bigger than most Hunger Games here).

Edited by James

3 minutes ago, James said:

Well, it will be huge here. Maybe it won't end up in Top 10 for 2016 as I predicted, but it won't be very far either. It's selling out in a lot of places. It should hold well next weekend with no major competition. In two weeks though, Allegiant will destroy it (Insurgent was bigger than most Hunger Games here).

Portugal is disappointing me :kitschjob: 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, picores said:

Kung Fu Panda 3 has rebounded nicely last weekends. 150m seems locked, will end close to KFP2's 165m.

... it could drop 60-70% against Zootopia's $60 million+ OW since that's the first film targeting its demo in a month. 

$145-150 million is the best case for it. $140-145 million more likely. 

51 minutes ago, James said:

At least in one country this shit needed to be bigger than THG

RISEN earned an estimated $1.94M on Friday. Domestic total is now $17.6M.

STAR WARS: THE FORCE AWAKENS earned an estimated $0.68M on Friday. All-time record domestic total is now $923.7M.

KUNG FU PANDA 3 earned an estimated $1.955M on Friday. Domestic total is now $121.4M.

12-time Oscar nominee THE REVENANT earned an estimated $0.97M on Friday. Domestic total is now $167.7M.

DEADPOOL earned an estimated $8.95M on Friday. Domestic total is now $263.1M.

EDDIE THE EAGLE opened to an estimated $1.935M on Friday.

• Like 1