Bishop54

Weekend Thread: Grimsby Bros leads the way with massive 3.1M, 10CL has decent 25.2M, Zootopia crumbles to $50M ;) P.31

6 minutes ago, Bishop54 said:

Same update, Grimsby is slated to do $3.5M...woah!

Remember in the Sony emails when they discussed which A-listers they would get to star opposite Cohen and that list included Jude Law and Ewan McGregor among them (lol they must have time traveled back to 2004/2005)? lol.

Just now, Kung Fu Panda Tree said:

Angry Birds, Ghostbusters and the next Dan Brown movie will all do well this year.

All 3 will fail to reach 100M DOM.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kung Fu Panda Tree said:

Thanks for the spoiler, the trailer did not make it out like he was holding her captive. Really appreciate you spoiling a movie in the box office weekend thread

You didn't see the handcuffs in the trailer? 

58 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Paramount is having a good recovery after Zoolander 2, 13 Hours, and Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. Sony needs to find some way to make some $$$ back after Grimsby. They have Angry Birds, Ghostbusters, and Sausage Party in the summer. Magnificent Seven in the fall. But 2017 is gonna be their best year since 2012! I can feel it 

Miracles from Heaven will make them back some money that they lose on Grimsby. They're making a small profit from both Risen and 5th Wave, so Zombies isn't really going to hurt them either. I think Angry Birds and Ghostbusters will both do ok for them. Sausage Party, i'm less high on.  Magnificent Seven and Passengers could go either way, the marketing has to be top notch. 

Just now, DAJK said:

Angry Birds certainly won't :P

Ghostbusters will, unless marketing gets A LOT better!

My prediction is that all 3 will fail to reach the 100M mark. Angry Birds is the one with the best shot of passing it. Marketing has been solid for it.

Right now, I doubt either Inferno or Ghostbusters beat Pixels.

My Sony predictions for the year:

Miracles From Heaven: 15M 5 day/50M total

Angry Birds: 35/90

Ghostbusters: 45/110

Sausage Party: 20/65

Magnificent Seven: 25/80

Inferno: 25/65

Passengers: 25/90

Only one 100M grosser and it'll barely do that :lol: 

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

My prediction is that all 3 will fail to reach the 100M mark. Angry Birds is the one with the best shot of passing it. Marketing has been solid for it.

Ghostbusters is probably passing Pixels, there are enough Melissa McCarthy fans and curious casual moviegoers that's going to guarantee atleast a 30m opening. Then even with Pixel-style legs it still gets to 95-97m.  

Angry Birds is going to be the kids go-to movie in May, that's doing atleast 100m, the marketing has been good. 

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Inferno certainly won't make it, unless it's somehow amazing (I sorta laughed even typing that).

Anyways, I'll sorta do what WrathofHan did.

Angry Birds: 42/132

Ghostbusters: 39/110

Inferno: 26/69

Magnificent 7: 25/90

Passangers: 22/105

4 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

My Sony predictions for the year:

Miracles From Heaven: 15M 5 day/50M total

Angry Birds: 35/90

Ghostbusters: 45/110

Sausage Party: 20/65

Magnificent Seven: 25/80

Inferno: 25/65

Passengers: 25/90

Only one 100M grosser and it'll barely do that :lol: 

Is magnificent 7 even going to come out this year? It's on the schedule, but has there been any word on it?

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Yeah, it's a pretty big wildcard this year. Hopefully Pizzaman brings the goods.

Forget Pizzaman (who co-wrote the script along with John Lee Hancock), more like that cast. That ensemble alone already has my $12.

• Like 1