chasmmi

Chas' Box Office Summer Game | We Have a Winner: Congratulations to DamienRoc on a game well Played. Special mention to darkelf as the runner up and Chewy into 3rd (had a fantastic pre-season score!) | Ya all come for the winter game ya here!

2 hours ago, narniadis said:

Such a tease....

I seriously am having issues with my top 15... I could literally see about 20 100th films but there is some seriously wonky scheduling that will kill legs, particularly of the last half of July releases (12 new wide releases in the first half of august!!!)

Also i should clarify that pretty soon means in about 8 hours time probably :)

18 hours ago, narniadis said:

Such a tease....

I seriously am having issues with my top 15... I could literally see about 20 100th films but there is some seriously wonky scheduling that will kill legs, particularly of the last half of July releases (12 new wide releases in the first half of august!!!)

Seriously. Its like everyone simply forgot the second half of August existed and fought like hell to cram everything possible into July and the first half of August.

• Like 1

I never understand the studio's mindsets since it would appear they would rather get subpar grosses with more releases than spread them out - like seriously what happened with March and the first 1/2 of April? Or even the first part of October? There is no reason to have 5 new wide releases on one weekend particularly when your studio just released a film the week before and will release one the week after!(WB I am looking at you!)

9 hours ago, Wrath said:

Seriously. Its like everyone simply forgot the second half of August existed and fought like hell to cram everything possible into July and the first half of August.

They obviously know that releasing a film at end of august has no impact no the summer game so why bother? :)

• Like 3

7 hours ago, CJohn said:

Where are the things that I should do until Thursday? 

1st post of this thread.  And also all shown on the answer template in the sticky thread in the summer game sub forum. 

Oh there's an sotm in that subforum also :)

Week 0 questions are up. There is a slight caveat that I'll explain better in about 24 hours but essentially:

Preseason prediction deadline is extended by 1 week,  but if you finish predictions and don't edit anything by the original deadline,  you and only you are free to answer the week zero questions :)

Also i can't link the weekly thread using this phone.  First one to do so gets 1 free bonus point :)

3 minutes ago, chasmmi said:

Week 0 questions are up. There is a slight caveat that I'll explain better in about 24 hours but essentially:

Preseason prediction deadline is extended by 1 week,  but if you finish predictions and don't edit anything by the original deadline,  you and only you are free to answer the week zero questions :)

Also i can't link the weekly thread using this phone.  First one to do so gets 1 free bonus point :)

• Like 3

I'm not going to lie. Doing all of the preseason questions including my top 15 and everything else took me about 90 minutes. But I really struggled with my top 15.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Baumer said:

I'm not going to lie. Doing all of the preseason questions including my top 15 and everything else took me about 90 minutes. But I really struggled with my top 15.

Yeah I know we say each year that it's the toughest ever but this year really sucks as far as determining what and how much. 

• Like 3

I am glad everyone is enjoying the pre-season questions :D

Just a reminder that you have about 44 hours until the point where editing your preseason predictions will disqualify you from answering the Week Zero questions. (But the SOTM 1 is still fair game :) )

• Like 3