Mockingjay Raphael

WEEKEND THREAD | B.O numbers Page 28: Final Divergent movie opens at $29m, Zoo: $38m

1. Dory - $435M

2. Zootopia - $312M

3. Moana - $287M

4. Secret Life of Pets - $225M

5. Angry Birds - $153M

6. Kung Fu Panda 3 - $139M

7. Sing - $133M

8. Ice Age - $125M

9. Storks - $120M

10. Sausage Party - $72M

1) Dory: 430m

2) Zootopia: 315m

3) Moana: 280m

4) Pets: 230m

5) The Angry Birds: 165m

6) Sing: 160m

7) KFP 3: 140m

8) Ice Age 5: 125m

9) Storks: 120m

10) Sausage Party: 90m

Edited by babz06

1 hour ago, cannastop said:

I think you're way over estimating Storks and under estimating Sing and Angry Birds.

Storks can be a HT sized hit given how barren the market is. Sing will be Hop 2.0 and Angry Birds seems too late.

18 minutes ago, department store basement said:

I just read an interview with Shailene Woodley from a few days ago where she said that she and the rest of the cast were specifically told not to read the Allegiant book due to spoilers.

That's really strange.

Indeed. I would think they'd be warned not to read that book due to the surgeon general's warning. CAUTION: THIS BOOK WILL BREAK YOUR BRAIN.

Y'all are really bullish on Sing for some reason. In order for it to break out, it needs to stop looking like shit.

As yet, Illumination hasn't shown it can sell anything that doesn't involve the Minions.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

Y'all are really bullish on Sing for some reason. In order for it to break out, it needs to stop looking like shit.

As yet, Illumination hasn't shown it can sell anything that doesn't involve the Minions.

Does The Lorax count?

3 minutes ago, DamienRoc said:

The animation is so poor. The jokes are so stale. Pets also looks horrendous. No idea why people are so hyped about it. 

For me, Kubo and Moana are the ones left with any quality or integrity behind them. Dory and Stanton are a joke. Ice Age should've ended years ago. Storks looks a far cry from the days of Cloudy and Surf's Up.

1 minute ago, DamienRoc said:

I wouldn't. The association is with Dr. Seuss there, not the studio.

To be fair, I'm not sure Hop should count as much on their record, considering that most of it is live-action.

And if Sing makes a tidy profit, it wouldn't be the first time a presumably bad movie made money.

3 minutes ago, BK007 said:

The animation is so poor. The jokes are so stale. Pets also looks horrendous. No idea why people are so hyped about it. 

For me, Kubo and Moana are the ones left with any quality or integrity behind them. Dory and Stanton are a joke. Ice Age should've ended years ago. Storks looks a far cry from the days of Cloudy and Surf's Up.

Uh, Storks is Warner Bros, and those other two movies are from Sony.

4 minutes ago, cannastop said:

To be fair, I'm not sure Hop should count as much on their record, considering that most of it is live-action.

And if Sing makes a tidy profit, it wouldn't be the first time a presumably bad movie made money.

Hell a lot of us here think the Despicable Me movies are crap.