CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

Look at the people going "I was excited to see it,  but I'm not going to now because the reviews are bad", it's not a caricature, I've seen it. That's what I'm talking about.

Weird for BvS that it was much bigger than MOS in Paris at 2 pm and ended up doing less on the full day. I think the weekend will do well.

2 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

I have watched a lot of movies that I thought were bad, but my friends said were good-great. My friends saying they liked these movies didn't spare me from burning my money. Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

Of course even then, bad decisions can happen. Which doesn't make my statement invalid though. ;o)

I watched it two times last night and the audience had a lot of fan, reactions in several moments and huge applause at the end. If someone is not going to watch it because of the reviews, well, your bad. But I think the persons who will like this movie are already going to see it.

There's a member here who is clearly a DC hater and has been saying he won't go watch this movie for years now, I don't know why he keeps making sure we know that, I guess that's something we'll be reminded for the rest of the DC Universe existence, or his existence. Talk about lack of something to do with his life... If you don't like and you don't care for these characters, it's obvious you won't enjoy the movies, move on.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

I watched it two times last night and the audience had a lot of fan, reactions in several moments and huge applause at the end. If someone is not going to watch it because of the reviews, well, your bad. But I think the persons who will like this movie are already going to see it.

Just tell me that Cavill owns the screen and I am all sold. XD

Look at the people going "I was excited to see it,  but I'm not going to now because the reviews are bad", it's not a caricature, I've seen it. That's what I'm talking about.

Weird for BvS that it was much bigger than MOS in Paris at 2 pm and ended up doing less on the full day. I think the weekend will do well.

I mean any comic book fan, even those that greatly prefer Marvel, would likely have an itch to see this had reviews been glowing. And I suspect many people where beginning to get swept up in the trailers and clips and early fan impressions.

So when critics, and a few fans who were mostly silent that first night, confirmed all the fears then the same people came crashing back to earth or get burned up because they got to close to the sun.

On this forum there was probably a sizeable portion that fits into this group.

6 minutes ago, incognitoo said:

Of course even then, bad decisions can happen. Which doesn't make my statement invalid though. ;o)

Well I didn't say it was invalid, I just said that even if people say they like something, it doesn't necessarily mean you will like it too and vice versa.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, #ED said:

So most of Europe is on High Alert?

Yes. Things are mess here because of the terrorist attacks of Tuesday. Specially Belgium, France, etc. 

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

There's a member here who is clearly a DC hater and has been saying he won't go watch this movie for years now, I don't know why he keeps making sure we know that, I guess that's something we'll be reminded for the rest of the DC Universe existence, or his existence. Talk about lack of something to do with his life... If you don't like and you don't care for these characters, it's obvious you won't enjoy the movies, move on.

It is sad that there are fans and crazy loyal fans for a particular hero/superhero/label/comic book and do whatever it takes to make all of us know how they feel. They want certain movie to fail. They cannot sleep thinking about the potential failure at the box office of a certain movie. It's all they think and breathe.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, #ED said:

So most of Europe is on High Alert?

Let's put it this way: we (Germans) don't even have (re)installed border controls (and we are direct neighbors to Belgium). Belgium and France did. As for other European states, I did not read anything about them going into high alert mode. As always, most leaders prefer to see this as a local problem and bury their heads into the sand. Wir schaffen das. Yeah, sure.

But I guess this is getting to much off-topic now.

• Like 1

I absolutely read reviews before I watch some movies. These days, I'm very hesitant at watching movies that get bad to middling/lukewarm reviews. Such movies I can wait for home video and/or cable tv to decide whether they're good or not.

I have responsibilities and really can't spend money (and time) like I used to. There was a time I used to watch all sorts of movies in the cinema but when I got married and started a family, I realized I don't just have that time anymore. Frankly, there are tons of people like this who don't just spend money on things because "they look good", we actually rely on certain reviews (and friends comments) before we spend. 

Obviously I'll see BvS regardless of the reviews (that's because I'm still into geek culture, marriage be damned) however a whole lot of people aren't and won't want to just spend their time and money and like that.

• Like 1

Honestly fans of DC over Marvel should be happy. Because even a worse case, Snyder leaves justice league maybe delays, doesn't mean this movie does dismal in box office.

The worse case here is really likely a win win, better directors,a new direction, and you still get your DCU because no way this movie does poorly enough for those plans to change.

In a coincidence, my wife texted me she would take one for the team and go with me this weekend if we went to a matinee...so maybe I will get to see it. The batman fanboy in me is likely clouding my judgement, but I still want to see this soonish.

9 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Yes. Things are mess here because of the terrorist attacks of Tuesday. Specially Belgium, France, etc. 

O_O Portugal is on high alert then? Now thats surprising since our media only tells us about Belgium and France doing so. Which doesn't really surprises me though. *sigh*

6 minutes ago, incognitoo said:

O_O Portugal is on high alert then? Now thats surprising since our media only tells us about Belgium and France doing so. Which doesn't really surprises me though. *sigh*

Our media said all Europe is on high alert. Countries are taking strong security measures. 

Just now, incognitoo said:

Not just Portugal, it's all of the continent. Pretty normal thing after a terrorist attack over here though; pretty sure the same thing happened after the London and Madrid bombings a decade ago. Portugal itself is not THAT worried compared to the real ticking bomb-steppers, though. Have we even had a terrorist attack over here? Not that they need a reason, but atm they don't see us as a vital target.

• Like 2