CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

19 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

btw, I'm doing a preliminary sellout count before I head to off to the theater later (I'll post final numbers late tonight)... but walkups look strong. Theaters filling fast, sellouts coming as well.

Same thing's happening here in NYC. A lot of the showtimes are moving very well.

Also, a special WHAT THE FUCK @ Empire 25 in NYC. Showtimes at 2 am (2D), 4 am (Prime) and fucking FIVE AM FOR IMAX.

Edited by Future Foundation
  • Like 2

6 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Rth said FF7 did 90% of TDKR in Australia and now BvS is at the same level.

FF7 opened to to a similar 90% of TDKR is the US - $147m (v $145m which is 90% of TDKR).  So....

Boxoffice mojo said anywhere from $158M to $185M. They're waiting for the CinemaScore before giving a better update. 

2 minutes ago, Future Foundation said:

Same thing's happening here in NYC. A lot of the showtimes are moving very well.

Also, a special WHAT THE FUCK @ Empire 25 in NYC. Showtimes at 2 am (2D), 4 am (Prime) and fucking FIVE AM FOR IMAX.

I wonder who'd go see an IMAX of this thing at 5 AM.

• Like 1

I find it interesting compared to TDKR, this has not been a big deal on IMAX?

Any reason why? Thought the fanbase, would leave to see this kind of film in Imax? 

That they shot almost half that movie in the format seems a pretty big one-up.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, #ED said:

Lordmandeep, I was the first to say that this was mixed to bad film. 

The staff isn't here to protect horrible movies, we're here to control a hostile thread. There's about 4 of you who have constantly ragged on the movie for about 40 pages. It's repetitive and creates hostile discussions that we do not want in this thread. Not to mention the Marvel comments that we have deleted here. There's about 3 other threads dedicated to that nonsense. Go rag on this movie you haven't seen elsewhere. You have gotten your point across. There is no need for a constant reminder.

Good decision. The board have been toxic these last few days, people are acting too childish over this. It's been embarrassing. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Good decision. The board have been toxic these last few days, people are acting too childish over this. It's been embarrassing. 

Oh please your the one thinking there is a zionist conspiracy with movie reviews. 

Rich, Union Square is adding a 4DX screen tomorrow. The first in NY. Tickets should go on sale online starting tomorrow. I think I rather do that then Court RPX tomorrow.