CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

So, I just went to the washroom and came back, and I see that we have the official number. Damn, 82m is pretty decent. I don't think the drops are going to be as harsh as everyone says they'll be, and personally, I just watched this movie this evening and I thought it wasn't as bad as the critics say it was. It definitely dragged in the beginning, and the dream sequences were overdone, but the fight scenes were epic! :D

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

The review thread has nearly 50 posts and the spoiler thread has grown so much yet I still haven't seen the movie 

afflecksad1-333x224.jpg

And you are still what? 24 hours away from seeing it? :lol: 

I know we're talking about huge numbers here, but I refuse to believe this is what WB and DC had in mind when this project was announced. They were expecting weekend and total gross numbers closer to The Avengers and Jurassic World, and they're lying if they say any different. I think with reviews and audience (not fanboy) reactions akin to your standard above average Marvel movie, this would have got there. Meaning, by making a critically unsuccessful movie, Snyder lost around $40 million on opening weekend and god knows how much on total gross. 

7 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

The low-budget/midlevel movie is all but dead but this is the trash that survives in that category: 

MIRACLES FROM HEAVEN earned an estimated $3.3M on Friday. Domestic total is now $27.9M.

Do better, America!

The power of being an ex to the one who's trouncing everyone else!

Edited by department store basement

4 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

It has been a long day for me, and I am really tired. I'll try to digest things and will just post later. But seriously, f*ck the overreactions against this movie. I actually thought I would see a GREEN LANTERN/FANTASTIC FOUR kind of film. This was way, way better than those.

Its definitely not as good as Green Lantern. I guess I'd say its a little bit better than Fant4stic though

Just now, Spike071 said:

I know we're talking about huge numbers here, but I refuse to believe this is what WB and DC had in mind when this project was announced. They were expecting weekend and total gross numbers closer to The Avengers and Jurassic World, and they're lying if they say any different. I think with reviews and audience (not fanboy) reactions akin to your standard above average Marvel movie, this would have got there. Meaning, by making a critically unsuccessful movie, Snyder lost around $40 million on opening weekend and god knows how much on total gross. 

I think with all the forces and hate this movie had to go against, and seeing it breaking all kind of records WW - It's a miracle from heaven.

11 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

So now this is a movie that only the "toughest" can appreciate?

Sent from my Z667T using Tapatalk

No , I think this movie is not everyone's taste that's for sure. But it doesn't deserve 30%. Anyway it is what it is. To each his own. But I've never felt that a movie deserved more RT than this one. MOS could be a 60% but I was okay with the 50 something it got because frankly it lacked a lot specially in scrip and writing ( death of Jonathan was a joke ) but this one .... this one has blown my mind. If only some editing here and there and adding a little more dialogue for some things that needed more clearing ( it is there but it needed to be addressed ) this movie would have been perfect for me and I would have given a 10 but as it stands now I gave it an 8.5/10 and I can see critics giving it a 6 or 6.5 if they nitpick everything that's wrong but 30% .... I still cannot believe it. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Spike071 said:

If they were expecting 200M to come easily than that were off their rocker and ors only their fault if they're disappointed

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Btw, guys, PLEASE STOP POSTING SPOILERS HERE. I had to edit a few posts from the early-morning hours. Casually mentioning broad story arcs or vague descriptions of certain sequences count. 

giphy.gif

Edited by Ash Skywalker
  • Like 6

23 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Only 4th biggest opening day ever? Jesus Christ, what a flop. Snyder should not only get fired, but also murdered for this disaster...

Here what will happen today because it happend yesterday people will back off for the next few hours because here and OS numbers are really really high but come tonight they will come back and start guessing again really low numbers of course but then saturday's estimate will come in and they will shut up again its a cycle

• Like 6