CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm curious, what is your favorite movie?

There is a certain movie that has been infamously labeled as my favorite movie... IDK though I could pick different thing depending on the day

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

I'm curious, what is your favorite movie?

I know this is bait, but I can't help myself: LOTR: Return of the King:P

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

Probably not for another 7 hours or so.

Oh shit...

1 minute ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I would be lying of I said I wasn't hoping that a Transformers or a Mission Impossible would show up.

I watched the first Transformers and that was enough to keep me away from the rest. I'll still watch TNMT because not even Bay can keep me away from my turtles.

The Mission: Impossible ones are great tho. But the Paramount project I can't wait for is Annihilation. I ADORED the book, Portman is a goddess and I loved Garland's Ex Machina so I expect him to be able to do the novel justice.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

I'm not seeing this movie in theaters but that's not because I hate Zach Snyder. It's because of everything I've heard and read. I actually really like some of his movies. Like I've said in the past his Dawn Of The Dead remake is one of my favorite horror movies ever. I enjoyed 300 a lot.

A lot of people are upset at him over the way he handled these characters though. The movie isn't being disliked just because of Snyder. It's being disliked for a lot of reasons just like it's being loved for those same reasons. Again it's very divisive.

It is definitely not a movie for the simple minded. Or those under six or seven. Probably why it got a PG-13.

12 minutes ago, tonytr87 said:

I dunno, yeah I see people on their phone sometimes, but it's typically only one or two people out of 200. I'd hardly call that a harbinger of doom for society. There's always been dumb people, they're just easier to recognize now. 

Yeah but let's say you're in a huge auditorium and at the top. The person (or people) on their phone is in one of the bottom rows. They are clearly visible every time they take the stupid thing out. Its like a light comes on that distracts you from the movie going experience. Especially in 3D movies.

It sucks that people can't pay attention for 90s minutes.

12 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

Harry Potter still has more money

Half of HP movies weren't released in the 80s. Either way, a couple more years and that will no longer be the case. :jeb!:

All of this has so much to do with BvS btw:rofl:.:ph34r:

Just now, TommyA10 said:

Half of HP movies weren't released in the 80s. Either way, a couple more years and that will no longer be the case. :jeb!:

All of this has so much to do with BvS btw:rofl:.:ph34r:

Batman likes Harry Potter but Superman prefers Star Wars

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, CaptainJackSparrow said:

I applaud globalization of the film industry, I find OS tastes to be much closer to my own. 

I'm not exactly sure how OS tastes can be closer to you, considering that most blockbusters tend to make big bucks in every country, unless you count the occasional sci-fi fantasy epic flop that makes 200m total in other countries, but flops in NA.

17 minutes ago, Noctis said:

You're such an asshole when it comes to Potter. Do you realise how much you bash Potter but are silent about other series? You know WHAT?

Your opinion. What a fucking shame. Your signature still makes me wonder whether or not you showed your son Potter...and knowing your venom towards Potter, I'm sure you haven't.

Bye, Felicia.

Silent about what other series? I don't think I've trouble expressing my opinion in general... if anything, I've got the opposite problem. :lol: 

My son's too young for Potter. He'll have every opportunity to discover it later.

7 minutes ago, SWXII said:

It is definitely not a movie for the simple minded. Or those under six or seven. Probably why it got a PG-13.

I'm not sure if you're being sarcastic or that's a dig at me. If it is, I would consider myself pretty intelligent (or at least a lot of people say I am) and I don't want to pay to see this. I can wait 90 days or whatever it ends up being.

I think it's smart to listen to others who have tastes that usually align with yours when considering what to spend your money and time on. Like I've said a lot over the past few days, I don't want to pay to be frustrated at this movies potential not being reached. And the plot would definitely do that for me.

Edited by somebody85