CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

You mean until July 21, 2017?

VALERIAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DEHAAN POWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!

Spoiler

I know what you meant. :lol: 

Justice league will open under BvS for sure. I've thought for a while that BvS is the peak of the dcu. Possibly justice league 2 will be bigger if everything else is good to great, especially JL1.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Fudging applies to actuals only. Estimates are by definition open to correction. WB can be predicting an optimistic Sunday for the headlines before the estimates are revised downwards but that is not what fudging is. Fudging is changing the real data that will come in on Monday. Before they look at the real data (officially), they are just predicting the Sunday with the condition that it's open to correction.

For example when Paramount released the estimated ow of TF4 as 100m, at that point it did not qualify as a fudge. But once on Monday the real numbers came in and then they used the wrong number, it was fudging. And we know that only cause Rth has access to the correct number and shared it with us.

So if BvS actuals come in at 170m+ and Rth tells us that the real number was smaller than actuals, we will call it a fudge. But estimates can be right or wrong, not fudgy. Once you modify the real actual data, fudge is in.

When you choose a high end estimate to reach a milestone for media purposes what do you call that?

Just about anyone who predicts box office will tell you the expected Sunday drop puts the OW between 167-169 m.

WB went above the reasonable estimate to get desired media attention. That's fudging.

•  

1 minute ago, MrPink said:

You mean until July 21, 2017?

Warner should  really play with some of their release dates next year and JL should be in 2018. Dunkirk has no buisness opening in july put wonder woman in that spot and place dunkirk in JL spot

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

That was just iJack lol.

And I am writing my resignation letter to Tele as we speak, this whole week was too much (I am surprised I survived tbh :lol: ) and dat 65% drop next weekend is gonna crush me and turn the weekend thread into death :sadben::sadben::sadben: 

I actually think an over 70% drop next weekend is completely feasible if we consider the previews. In 2014, TASM2 had a 72% drop considering the preview numbers.

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/spider-man_movies/the_amazing_spider-man_2/steep-box-office-drop-for-the-amazing-a99786

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $170,100,000    40.1%
+ Foreign:  $254,000,000    59.9%

Worldwide:  $424,100,000  

Its great but it opened everywhere before anyone thinks it will fly well past 1 billion.

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Audiences polled by CinemaScore gave the film an average grade of "B" on an A+ to F scale.[165] It earned B- from men, B from women, A- from under-18 audiences, a B+ from under-25, and a B- from those over-25

:kitschjob:

Does that mean the movie will become shit when I get older?

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, CJohn said:

BvS is better than both BB and TDKR. I am sorry Pink.

But nothing will ever top TDK in my CBM ranking. 

BVS shits all over TDKR. BB is pretty close, dunno if I'd rank BVS higher or not.

• Like 2