CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

Just now, SWXII said:

Can't see Star Trek flopping. And the new Apocalypse trailer is radically better than the last. Made want to see the movie. Not sure when The Rock and Mr Hart' s movie shows up bit I expect it will do very well. Amazing summer. Amazing year.

Same weekend as Dory in the US. 

11 minutes ago, a2knet said:

BvS had a 424m WW ow.

44m came on Wed and Thu OS and 27.7m in Thu previews Dom.

So for the sake of the following calculations, the true-ow was 353m WW.

It needs 576m more to get 1b. That's 1.63x of 353m more or a global true-ow multiplier of 2.63x.

1b = 2.63 x 353m + 44m + 27.7m

Interesting analysis.

Let's say it follows MoS pattern:

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/spider-man_movies/the_amazing_spider-man_2/steep-box-office-drop-for-the-amazing-a99786

It'd have a 2.96 multiplier from  global ow for a $1.2b WW gross.

1 minute ago, SWXII said:

Can't see Star Trek flopping. And the new Apocalypse trailer is radically better than the last. Made want to see the movie. Not sure when The Rock and Mr Hart' s movie shows up bit I expect it will do very well. Amazing summer. Amazing year.

very crowded summer, star trek won't break 200 million neither will Independence day honestly. Apocalpyse will serve to sever civil war late legs but will decrease from DOFP bourne will do around 150, CIA will do around 100. The only movie with space to itself is suicde squad in august. In june and july its one massive tentpole after another and they will eat each other

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

What's considered a flop for Star Trek 3?

Depends on the budget. I am assuming a 130M budget or so. 300M WW is the minimum to not be considered a flop.

30 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

This has been a huge success for Wb they are now caught up with Marvel. The affleck solo and Ww movies are looking like they will do great. Ss seems like it will be a huge hit as well. All they need is fantastic beasts to do well and they are back on top again or second to Disney 

What? Why are people getting so hyperbolic about this opening? We just saw a rated "R" comic book movie in Deadpool make a killing a month ago. Batman and Superman in the same movie are SUPPOSED to do these kind of opening numbers in their sleep. That's what all the marketing is for. I suspect Warner Bros had this global launch because they've known for awhile now that they had a lemon on their hands and wanted to get as much money as they could in that first week before word got out how terrible this film was....similar to Spider-man 3.

Edited by AJ2k

11 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

So what non-comic book movies will dominate box office discussion this summer?

Top 5 movies that will dominate bo discussions this summer imo :

FINDING DORY
ID:R

STAR TREK

ICE AGE (OS discussions will be big)

TARZAN / JASON BOURNE

7 minutes ago, CJohn said:

There are non-comic book movies coming out?!?!?!?

:apocalypse:

1 hour ago, Telemachos said:

Yes, it's true. You guys found out our hidden secret. Shawn and WB and I are a secret cabal and we decide which films the mods are allowed to root for and which ones they can't. I send a PM giving all the mods their marching orders and make sure they praise the films we want them to, and trash the ones we don't. 

I thought we were clever enough to keep it all hidden, but you guys were too smart and you figured it out. 

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

Why did you let this slip? Now everyone knows that we mods are not to be trusted. But I will be happy with the kickback we got from WB this week. Stupid Lionsgate refusing to pay us for Allegiant last week - they saw what happened, all studios should respect us more now.

I am sorry for posting a positive review for Allegiant guys, I didn't received the memo :sadben: 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Not sure. I guess not. I know it didn't open in Brazil for certain.

Fucking hell, don't remember me the stupid OS MoS openings. I had to wait 2 weeks. 2 FULL WEEKS!!!! Until it opened here. MESS.

Fun fact, TDKR also only opened here 2 weeks after America. But that was a very bad day, the disappointment was real :sadben:

I think this could be a surprising year. TFA got a lot of people back into theaters that had not been going. Amenities are better as are sound and picture. Reclining seats etc. People have extra pocket money due to low gas prices. And you can escape political commercials at the theater. And global warming. :dbz: