CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

2 minutes ago, SWXII said:

Perfect if it keeps DC safely within the WB sphere where it belongs.

WB just need to work on a slate of animation and other family friendly films beyond Lego. Add a big screen spy franchise and outer space franchise and they are unstoppable. IMO.

Too bad UNCLE tanked. That was one fun movie. WB should get going with Sherlock 3 too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, grim22 said:

As "fun" as this thread is :ph34r: , got some actual 'being a productive member of society' work to do. See you guys later.

Meanwhile I spent a whole week doing nothing :sadben: I had such a big plans to study a lot during my Easter vacations...

2 minutes ago, Kraken said:

Too bad UNCLE tanked. That was one fun movie. WB should get going with Sherlock 3 too.

Definitely. Time to reinvest some profits. Someone needs to give Disney some competition.

6 minutes ago, SWXII said:

Perfect if it keeps DC safely within the WB sphere where it belongs.

WB just need to work on a slate of animation and other family friendly films beyond Lego. Add a big screen spy franchise and outer space franchise and they are unstoppable. IMO.

Aren't they the top contender to get Bond? That could take care of the "Spy" franchise. 

• Like 1

Birth of Sandman is amazing. I don't know who did the music here, Elfman or his replacement but the score is aces in this scene and the CGI still holds up.(as it did for doc ocks tentacles)

1 minute ago, babz06 said:

Aren't they the top contender to get Bond? That could take care of the "Spy" franchise. 

I really wouldn't be surprised if they have Bond now since WB's distributed all of MGM's films in the past 2 years bar Spectre. If I Stay, Hot Pursuit, and Creed were all MGM films that WB distributed in theaters, and they all did good enough numbers to continue the working relationship.

Edited by department store basement

25 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

You haven't lived until you've heard Tele Jr's Batman voice. 

(Not the Balebat, he's still in Kevin Conroy-land.)

You're so lucky.

My son didn't really care for BTAS, he likes this Lego Batman stuff better. :sadben:

(But at least he likes the new Star Wars and Marvel movies) 

Edited by grey ghost

8 minutes ago, grim22 said:

One thing I just realized, BvS is the first ever WB movie to earn more than 50M on 2 days (or to earn 50M single day in history if excluding previews). Definitely an unprecedented opening for the studio for sure.

Snyder needs to go :sadben:

9 minutes ago, department store basement said:

Universal and Fox are already doing a fine job

True.

If Universal's monster universe gets off the ground, they will be in good shape atleast for the foreseeable future:

Illumination Entertainment

F&F

Jurassic Park

Bourne

Fifty Shades

Fox has a bit less to work with but Avatar and X-men should be strong. Independence Day is probably essential for them. 

Sony and Paramount are really hurting. 

Edited by babz06
  • Like 1