CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

It depends on Snyder's contract, the studio will always err on the side of giving themselves an out. I'd say that Snyder probably didn't have much leverage and the buyout is likely reasonable but he inexplicably got his name in every TV spot for both of these movies even though no one knows who he is

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

165 mil ow? Lolol, that bad wom already kicking in. Down 5 million.

Didnt everyone here already know that the final number would be around 165-166M? It actually held pretty well on Easter Sunday.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, mredman said:

i am really amazed by some people here or all actually thinking JL will not do better. It is all these heroes together first time where they crack jokes and fight a huge DC villain ect... Do these people think it will be as dark and gloomy as MoS and BvS or something like that. Anyone with half a brain would know the JL movie(s) will be more light hearted have a different tone altogether and accessable for way more multiple viewings by the general audience.

It will now, probably

7 minutes ago, mredman said:

i am really amazed by some people here or all actually thinking JL will not do better. It is all these heroes together first time

Did you miss BvS? It featured the Big Two, Batman and Superman, and they even threw Wonder Woman in there. It ain't gettin' any bigger or better than that.

This was it. You only get one movie that gets to be the first ever team-up of Batman and Superman and Wonder Woman on the big screen. Not two.

• Like 11

8 minutes ago, mredman said:

i am really amazed by some people here or all actually thinking JL will not do better. It is all these heroes together first time where they crack jokes and fight a huge DC villain ect... Do these people think it will be as dark and gloomy as MoS and BvS or something like that. Anyone with half a brain would know the JL movie(s) will be more light hearted have a different tone altogether and accessable for way more multiple viewings by the general audience.

Lol, so much hostility.

Still don't wanna consider the advices yesterday and just chill? 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Chewy said:

It depends on Snyder's contract, the studio will always err on the side of giving themselves an out. I'd say that Snyder probably didn't have much leverage and the buyout is likely reasonable but he inexplicably got his name in every TV spot for both of these movies even though no one knows who he is

His contract is probably pretty good. They just don't throw his name into every spot/trailer because yes. That shit is decided in the contracts. I think his contract includes JL1 and JL2 and WB will probably just have to deal with him until the end.

Normally I would be in the camp that says this is the peak, but it's not like this film had positive buzz and great WOM leading up to release. If they absolutely knock it out of the park with Justice League, I could see them actually pulling off an increase with that one. But the odds are very slim. They wrote the script for the JLA films long before BvS was finished and began receiving the big thumbs down from critics. They would have to completely re-do the entire project. I think someone like Whedon could nail it if they gave him the time to work on it. But it's not likely.

• Like 1

Just now, Sam said:

So what are they planning to do with Green Lantern and his JL membership? Ignoring it?

He was meant to show up at the end of JL1 to set up JL2.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

His contract is probably pretty good. They just don't throw his name into every spot/trailer. That shit is decided in the contracts. I think his contract includes JL1 and JL2 and WB will probably just have to deal with him until the end.

Then they are doomed. Hell, at this point leaving is the obvious correct career move for Zack Snyder as well, since he is also a producer on this thing.

Just now, iJackSparrow said:

Then they are doomed. Hell, at this point leaving is the obvious correct career move for Zack Snyder as well, since he is also a producer on this thing.

That contract is probably pretty good. And no matter what he will always stay as a producer.

Just now, iJackSparrow said:

Yep, that's a disconnect between critics and the public alright. :sadben:

How about we maybe wait till next weekend before those proclamations. It held better than Furious 7 on Saturday by 4% and dropped more on Sunday by 4%. 

If it outright collapses next weekend, you have a point else it's just compensating for a better Saturday hold.

• Like 5