CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

4 minutes ago, #ED said:

4 New releases next weekend in China, It was going to drop regardless. The WOM is horrible over there regardless, but the screen loss is also important to the big decline.

They are relatively new to the medium. Clearly they have not developed a sophisticated enough palate for such fare.

Moderation Note: Everyone, please take some time to relax. This is supposed to be a thread to discuss the weekend numbers and analyze where a movie may end up. While that is happening in this thread, the general acrimonious tone is frankly unnecessary. Not everyone is a troll or a blind fanboy and name calling will just make things worse. 

This thread is being locked for some time in order to give everyone time to settle down. If these veiled attacks on each other do not stop, the mod team will start handing out suspensions soon - we have handed out 9 of them since Wednesday anyway, a few more won't hurt :P 

• Like 9

Fuck you all. Now that I had some big news from Portugal you guys get this thread locked.

The OW was revised up. It is now the biggest OW ever for a superhero movie in Portugal.

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, Baumer said:

So. What have i missed? :lol:

Arise! Arise, Moderators of BOT! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword day... a red day... ere the sun rises! Ride now!... Ride now!... Ride! Ride to ruin and the world's ending!

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Dingdong123 said:

A bit tough tho altho I'd definitely love that. At this point it seems that around $325M may be the high end

Yeah, I haven't crunched the numbers yet but I'm pretty sure it has to hold a little bit better than How To Train Your Dragon did post-Easter. Definitely a tall order, and will probably come down to how much Jungle Book affects it.

3 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Japan willing, Zootopia just might wind up bigger WW than BvS. :rock:

It'd be pretty amusing if Deadpool beats it domestically and Zootopia wins WW. Very similar to how IM3 got beat by Catching Fire stateside and by Frozen WW.

• Like 3