CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

12 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

The nerd in me wanted to point out that some Phil Lemarr did not play the same Green Lantern Ryan Reynolds did.

Then I realized it didn't mattered, and hung my head in shame.

To be fair, that's a pretty lazily done infographic. Some superheroes have VO artists included and others don't. Catwoman's list rivals Batman's when you include her voice actresses.

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

FWIW, I liked BVS more than any of the TF movies (the ones I've seen, anyway).

DAT glorious Tele positive WOM. 

1 minute ago, John Marston said:

people are now doing revisionist history. This movie was expected to open higher. Probably closer to 190m 

Yes, in the last Summer.

Predictions have been around 170M (a bit above or below) since the 2nd trailer was released in November. 

1 hour ago, #ED said:

Regarding yesterday’s big openings, we’ve got Mexico, which debuted with $5.8 million including record-breaking midnight showings. It’s the largest opening day in history in said market for a Warner Bros./Time Warner TWX -0.96% Inc. movie. It nabbed the biggest opening day of all-time in Brazil as well with $3.5m. Germany debuted with $2.8m for the largest opening day of 2016 and the largest superhero movie ever. It had a 70% bigger opening than Deadpool, for what that’s worth.

The film opened with $2.5 million on 594 Australian screens and $1.9m in Russia. It earned $1.7m in Korea and made a whopping $1.1m in the United Arab Emirates, which is apparently not only Warner’s biggest opening ever but 93% bigger than Star Wars: The Force Awakens and 68% bigger than Deadpool. Huh… Deadpool had a bigger opening day than The Force Awakens? I did not know that.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/scottmendelson/2016/03/25/batman-v-superman-box-office-44m-overseas-in-two-days-nearing-100m-worldwide/#33cd3c9c1652

YESSS!! Feels good knowing that I contributed TWICE :D The crowds here loved it and gave it a round of applause both times. 

2 minutes ago, jb007 said:

You mean to say, the first time pairing of Superman, Batman and Wonder Woman was a non event. Hmmmm...

Yet TDKR, sequel to the top 20 movie of all-time and loved by all,  was clobbered by The Avengers in 2012.

What did Avengers have? First time pairing of several second tier super heroes, barring Iron Man who had moved to top tier due to RDJ.

There was the shooting which did hurt but look on the other side age of ultron did not touch tdkr adjusted value. And it's not a nonevent it's just compared to tdkr which before Tfa was probably the most anticipated movie in history, a lot of people think that tdk should have been nominated or won an Oscar. Tdkr could have broken 200 without the shooting but it simply was t as good as tdk and thus had worse legs

2 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

To be fair, that's a pretty lazily done infographic. Some superheroes have VO artists included and others don't. Catwoman's list rivals Batman's when you include her voice actresses.

Yes. Hence the part where it doesn't matter. (And at least I didn't call racism what was clearly lazy)

Meh , nowhere near the expectations of the fans (one can read posts from six months ago) . For a movie that pairs batman and superman it will do just o.k to mediocre , i believe . It won't be the biggest CBM of the year , not even close .

I think all of us thought way higher a few months ago...but we all remembered that Zack Synder was the director....

To be honest I am suprised with batman and superman and wonder women that this film does less then Iron Man admissions.

However considering the reaction and critics it will be respectful gross in the end.

• Like 2