CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

5 minutes ago, #ED said:

Previews have guaranteed sell outs. Friday will be Good Friday which should boost the movie a bit as well. Saturday and Sunday could tell a story, but probably not. Reviews have little negative effect on OWs.

Looking at mega openers presales for past Friday are quite lacking for local theaters.

However I am thinking as  Friday is sucking up the business. 

However I am thinking this film is underperforming in certain regions compared to others.

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Gonna be? :lol: Do yourself a favor and stay well clear of the BVS threads. :rofl:

Glad to see you and have you back for the chaos.

Oh boy, so that's why you look like that in your avatar now. 

Now, saying that would just make me curious. But since I consider you a somewhat wise man, I'm gonna listen to your advice. Well, best of luck to you.

And yeah, feel good too. I miss this place time to time. My life has been hectic but pretty monotonous lately. So a chaos is perhaps a welcome change. I reserve my rights to retract that statement though lol.

Edited by Sam
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, #ED said:

174M is a big disappointment to whom? Certainly not to WB.

The movie is still tracking at 160M. 174M would be a huge increase from MoS. Not to mention its expected to top MoS in many countries.

The issue is legs, a massive opening is needed for this to get a massive gross. 

Sub Im3 puts 400 at risk and imo is a okay gross at best. Remember with such big names attached and a Holiday release date, this should be massive. 

Edited by Lordmandeep

Just now, Sam said:

Oh boy, so that's why you look like that in your avatar now. 

Now, saying that would just make me curious. But since I consider you a somewhat wise man, I'm gonna listen to your advice. Good luck to you though lol.

And yeah, feel good too. I miss this place time to time. My life has been hectic but pretty monotonous lately. So a chaos is perhaps a welcome chamge. I reserve my rights to retract that statement lol.

You haven't missed much. Ton of BvS tomfoolery and the Marvelites yelled at Tele til he took our man out of the Civil War thread title. Dark times.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, #ED said:

174M is a big disappointment to whom? Certainly not to WB.

The movie is still tracking at 160M. 174M would be a huge increase from MoS. Not to mention its expected to top MoS in many countries.

The tracking as a whole went up today with both deadline and box office.com increasing thier numbers from only a few days ago

Lordmandeep, I'm up for discussions this weekend but please don't turn this into the MoS weekend thread. You literally annoyed the fuck out of me 3 years ago when all you posted was the same garbage about MoS being bad and how WOM was bad all around the world because you said so.

With that said, good to have you around man. :)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

no because there are no new openings and with a 175 opening even with a 75% drop it still does 50 million and zooptopia wont increase 100%

I meant to talk about the weekend starting April 08. Do you think that BvS will make $50 million on its 3rd weekend?

2 minutes ago, cannastop said:

I wonder if there's a possibility that BvS won't be #1 on the weekend 4/11-4/13.

Not when it faces unstoppable box office juggernaut Hardcore Henry it won't.

1 minute ago, #ED said:

Lordmandeep, I'm up for discussions this weekend but please don't turn this into the MoS weekend thread. You literally annoyed the fuck out of me 3 years ago when all you posted was the same garbage about MoS being bad and how WOM was bad all around the world because you said so.

With that said, good to have you around man. :)

Both of those ended up being true though in the long run :P

and seems even more true this time...

Edited by Lordmandeep

Just now, cannastop said:

I meant to talk about the weekend starting April 08. Do you think that BvS will make $50 million on its 3rd weekend?

Why would it need to make 50M to win that weekend?

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

no probably around 30-40 its not going to drop 75 with a 60% drop from 175 it gets to 70 with a 50% drop from there it gets to 35 no movie that weekend is going to make 35

Just now, Jack Nevada said:

This place will be burned to the ground by Sunday. Brace yourselves. 

Last 24 hours have been fun but there's this ominous cloud hanging over the board, like all the fandoms are sharpening their knives and waiting for the first number

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Chewy said:

You haven't missed much. Ton of BvS tomfoolery and the Marvelites yelled at Tele til he took our man out of the Civil War thread title. Dark times.

Yeah, what the hell is up with that? I was about to throw a fit yesterday. That was very disrespectful to our man. :angry: 

• Like 1

Just now, cannastop said:

You mentioned $50 million first. I assume that you meant that could be the second weekend.

I didn't mention any number! I guess I jumped in in the middle of a thing, my bad