CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

7 minutes ago, Yass1029 said:

i knew you would say this but, was dark knight really a DARK movie? i felt it was more of, a realistic movie, it didnt really feel too dark

I usually take any movie with a psychotic who blows up the main character's love interest, scars one of his closest friend (mentally and physically), and slams a man's head onto a pencil, as dark.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

You literally just said you expect Batman vs. Superman movie to be dark because it has Batman in it then I point to a Batman movie and that's not dark? Talk about moving the goalposts.

Your mileage may vary on darkness but yes I consider it to be a pretty dark movie.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

nice point, but the Batman Dawn of justice has, is the frank miller version, thats why i stated it would be extra-dark, and speakin of IGN didnt they give MOS a 9/10? now BvS a 6.8/10 :/ 

3 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

I usually take any movie with a psychotic who blows up the main character's love interest, scars one of his closest friend (mentally and physically), and slams a man's head onto a pencil, as dark.

haha, still there is DARKERRRR :D 

3 minutes ago, Yass1029 said:

haha, still there is DARKERRRR :D 

You're right. I could be watching a television show that involves the painful emotional backlash of both physical and mental rape of it's main character.

Still, critics loved Dark Knight, so the problem isn't that BvS is too dark, its that the tone didn't work. (From what I can tell.)

Edited by RandomJC

• Community Manager

You literally just said you expect Batman vs. Superman movie to be dark because it has Batman in it then I point to a Batman movie and that's not dark? Talk about moving the goalposts.

Your mileage may vary on darkness but yes I consider it to be a pretty dark movie.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

nice point, but the Batman Dawn of justice has, is the frank miller version, thats why i stated it would be extra-dark, and speakin of IGN didnt they give MOS a 9/10? now BvS a 6.8/10 :/ 

Yeah I don't know anything about Frank Miller's Batman or what that means. Most people frankly do not even know who Frank Miller is.

Yeah I don't know anything about Frank Miller's Batman or what that means. Most people frankly do not even know who Frank Miller is.

Exactly.. It's a pretty Violent brutal dark batman, who's in his old ages, he is pretty brutal and dark

Just now, RandomJC said:

You're right. I could be watching a television show that involves the painful emotional backlash of both physical and mental rape.

Still, critics loved Dark Knight, so the problem isn't that BvS is too dark, its that the tone didn't work. (From what I can tell.)

I assume you be talking about Jessica Jones. Ehh, Daredevil is darker (well, Season 2 at the very least). Not creepier, but certainly darker.

2 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

You're right. I could be watching a television show that involves the painful emotional backlash of both physical and mental rape of it's main character.

probably, but if the fans reviews are positive that might be a game changer, anyways im happy that Ben affleck's batman is being praised at least haha

3 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Critics loved TDK because it was 1st and foremost, a Crime Drama that just happened to involve people running around in costumes and it worked..

right, it was a great Crime/Drama movie no doubt, probably not the best representation of batman at all, but it was a really beautiful movie

2 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I assume you be talking about Jessica Jones. Ehh, Daredevil is darker (well, Season 2 at the very least). Not creepier, but certainly darker.

I thought Jessica Jones was darker, but I'll fully admit I haven't finished season 1, nor started season 2 of Daredevil. But Jones was some emotionally draining stuff in there.

Well, a couple days late but better late than never I suppose.  Sorry guys, I simply haven't had the time.

1st Thursday Preview Sellout Count for DC Metropolitan/MD/NoVA as of 4:30 PM EST, Wednesday, March 23rd

EQ2DrK9.png?1

39 sellouts and 341 showtimes

69% of the sellouts are standard 2D, and 51% of the shows are 2D.  All 6 D-Box options are sold-out or have 1-2 seats remaining.  IMAX looking surprisingly weak.

Previous Films through similar time-frame:

AOU - 39/471 (Tues. night)

BD2 - 43/147 (Wed. afternoon)

IM3 - 0/236 (Wed. afternoon)

TA - 18/140 (Wed. night)

THG - 24/163 (Wed. afternoon)

AUJ - 10/116 (Wed. night)

TDKR - 118/255 (Wed. night)

Previous Films (Final Tallies)

AOU - 124/504 (7PM Previews)

TDKR - 243/310 (Midnights)

BD2 - 112/251 (10PM Previews)
TA - 55/174 (Midnights)
THG - 87/199 (Midnights)
IM3 - 17/260 (9PM Previews) as of 8:45 PM EST

TFA - 301/582 (7PM Previews) 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dunno how much time I'll have tomorrow but I definitely won't be able to do a final late night count (I'll be at a 8:00 PM show).  I'll try to wedge in a count a little past mid-day if I can.

Edited by spizzer
  • Like 10

Just now, RandomJC said:

I thought Jessica Jones was darker, but I'll fully admit I haven't finished season 1, nor started season 2 of Daredevil. But Jones was some emotionally draining stuff in there.

JJ is certainly more horrifying from a psychological standpoint (although it does have its physically sick scenes too), but DD S2 is a pure carnage festival. That was some fucked up shit all season long.

3 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

JJ is certainly more horrifying from a psychological standpoint (although it does have its physically sick scenes too), but DD S2 is a pure carnage festival. That was some fucked up shit all season long.

I'll admit the psychological appeals to me more on a story point. I think I'll just binge daredevil tonight.

• Like 1

Just now, RandomJC said:

I'll admit the psychological appeals to me more on a story point. I think I'll just binge daredevil tonight.

I agree with that, from a story standpoint it is more appealing for psychological dark than physical. But if you don't engage yourself in the plot, if you just countdown the events as a viewer (as if you were watching the news), I would say DD S2's stuff is more fucked up as a whole. But oh well. They're both great shows, that's what matters.

• Like 1