CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

4 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Why? Why is it so stupid?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

like you didnt expect the movie to be dark or humorless already? it has Batman, and the trailer already showed the tone and where the movie was heading to.

• Community Manager

4 minutes ago, Water Bottle said: Why? Why is it so stupid?

like you didnt expect the movie to be dark or humorless already? it has Batman, and the trailer already showed the tone and where the movie was heading to.

People laughed at some of the trailers' jokes and while people might expect it to be dark, that doesn't mean that there isn't a barometer for how dark it can get. I haven't seen it but I also find that if people complain about tone, it means the movie itself had problems executing the tone for them.

• Community Manager

I dont think anyone was watching this movie expecting to hear jokes and laugh.

just my thought. 

That's making an assumption about people. Those are dangerous.

2 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

People laughed at some of the trailers' jokes and while people might expect it to be dark, that doesn't mean that there isn't a barometer for how dark it can get. I haven't seen it but I also find that if people complain about tone, it means the movie itself had problems executing the tone for them.

Most of the audience hate the gritty dark tone, in their view its not ''fun'' as IGN said. 
im not defending the movie, not hating on other movies, but i find it weird to hate a movie titled as batman v superman for  being ''dark''.. 

• Like 1

• Community Manager

2 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

Most of the audience hate the gritty dark tone, in their view its not ''fun'' as IGN said. 

im not defending the movie, not hating on other movies, but i find it weird to hate a movie titled as batman v superman for  being ''dark''.. 

Most of the audiences loved the Dark Knight: that movie was pretty dark. So did IGN. Execution makes a world of difference.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yass1029 said:

Well I mean it is a Superman sequel and although Batman is dark, Superman isn't dark and in both cases they have limits. Also you have to realize that for a lot of people it's not that it's too dark, it's the execution of the tone. As in they had no idea what to do with it. Whereas TDK was dark and was loved by critics because they actually executed the tone.

Anyways I read on Business Insider that a box insider brought down his OW from $180M to $163M. 

• Like 1

• Community Manager

3 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

That's making an assumption about people. Those are dangerous.

sorry im kinda new, did i break any rule?

Not a forum rule.

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

Most of the audiences loved the Dark Knight: that movie was pretty dark. So did IGN. Execution makes a world of difference.

i knew you would say this but, was dark knight really a DARK movie? i felt it was more of, a realistic movie, it didnt really feel too dark

• Community Manager

1 minute ago, Water Bottle said:

i knew you would say this but, was dark knight really a DARK movie? i felt it was more of, a realistic movie, it didnt really feel too dark

You literally just said you expect Batman vs. Superman movie to be dark because it has Batman in it then I point to a Batman movie and that's not dark? Talk about moving the goalposts.

Your mileage may vary on darkness but yes I consider it to be a pretty dark movie.