CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

4 minutes ago, MCKillswitch123 said:

I agree with that, from a story standpoint it is more appealing for psychological dark than physical. But if you don't engage yourself in the plot, if you just countdown the events as a viewer (as if you were watching the news), I would say DD S2's stuff is more fucked up as a whole. But oh well. They're both great shows, that's what matters.

Not going to deny that. I just figured out where I stopped watching DD S1, so going to pick that up while I make dinner tonight.

• Like 1

Hoo boy, how to put my thoughts into a nice row on this one? First off, I am not much into comic books. I read the 300 novella and I own Millers The Dark Knight Returns. And I read some (Super-, Spider-, Batman, F4, Thor, etc.) in my pre-teens. That's pretty much it. That said, I love the modern comic book movies for the spectacles that they are.

While I understand that this B vs. S thingie is a HUGE draw for (North-American) geeks and comic book aficionados, the whole premise of the movie simply strikes me as... well, silly. Suspension of disbelief aside, Supie - being the supernatural nearly all-powerful being that he is - would turn Bats into papsmear by snipping a finger (more or less). The movie has to deliver a strong, coherent story or plausible idea why this would not happen to get me on board of the MSS Believer. I would like to think that this could/would be the case with many other "normal" people interested in a movie featuring two of the greatest cb icons ever. Then again, I may be wrong.

Secondly, while I don't give much about reviews, the word on Man of Steel was a pretty harsh one, mainly because of the violent third act. While it never bothered me (I found it to be glorious - so to speak), I am not so sure that this "flaw" has already been forgiven by the general audience apart from cb & cbm fans. Then again, I could be wrong and it is exactly the other way around (ga doesn't care, cb fans are still angered).

Third, Man of Steel (which I found to be a very entertaining movie that I enjoyed a lot) "only" made 116,6 millions on its opening weekend domestic. Yes, they added Bats now, but while I loved Cavill in MoS (I think he's perfect for the role) and think he will own the screen in BvS, I don't like the idea of Affleck playing Bats. I like Affleck, but I just can't picture him as Batman - even after watching the trailers, there is something off for me, something I cannot get a grip onto, very much like a disturbance in the force. And don't get me started on the little pr... my apologies, on the actor playing Lex Luthor. However these actor issues are personal issues of mine and those shouldn't have a place in "calculating" the ow of a movie.

Hoo boy. Ok, MoS opening 116,6 minus its controversy minus silly story plus strong geek vibes multiplicated with Wonder Woman minus LL actor divided by my inexperience in calculating box office figures...

130 Million ow.

Feel free to stone me with your precious Kryptonite crystals.

• Like 3

130m OW is simply not happening. Yeah, the reviews are awful.... but there is a lot of interest. People still do want to check out a movie with Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman.

By the sounds of it, it will simply be an enjoyable mess of a movie with a lot of good action visuals..... and plenty of people love that kind of movie.

12 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Deadline said expected $160m+ now. 

In their article about social media performance and tv spend. Posted on Twitter 24 minutes ago. 

I saw that. Weird cause a few days ago it was $175M+. I think variety said $175M+. It'll be interesting to see which direction the tracking goes as the movie date hits. 

8 minutes ago, Nova said:

I saw that. Weird cause a few days ago it was $175M+. I think variety said $175M+. It'll be interesting to see which direction the tracking goes as the movie date hits. 

Nah, Variety said "as much as $150m" one day ago. Never $175m+.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/batman-v-superman-box-office-opening-worldwide-300-million-1201735996/

original tracking was $110m then $140m. So it seems to be going up as it gets closer. It's only one day away now.

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Nah, Variety said "as much as $150m" one day ago. Never $175m+.

http://variety.com/2016/film/news/batman-v-superman-box-office-opening-worldwide-300-million-1201735996/

original tracking was $110m then $140m. So it seems to be going up as it gets closer. It's only one day away now.

Rooting for under $150m, but I think it'll go above. Here is to hoping. 

And because every page of this thread should have someone saying this:

FUCK YOU ZACK SNYDER.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Honestly, if the rotten tomatoes score was above 60%, I'd consider seeing BvS when I have the time.

Now I'm probably just going to spend my money on watching Zootopia yet again.

halba? is that you?

6 hours ago, Ethan Hunt said:

I still think under 150M 

5 hours ago, Nova said:

If WOM is as bad as the reviews are I have it at $150M and wouldn't hesitate going even lower. And it's not that the reviews are bad, it's the they've spent three years hyping this movie up so people are going with extremely high expectations that need to be met and if they're not met you can guarantee bad WOM will spread. 

And looking at the amount of show times in the theaters around me, it doesn't look like the theaters are adding any show times for The weekend. 

5 hours ago, The Panda Knight said:

Here's hoping this is the weekend where WB finally realizes they need to fire Snyder :ph34r:

My heart is with this prediction:

Sub $150m would make me a happy World's Finest fan though.