CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

20 minutes ago, kowhite said:

Im sure.  Not cause that's the line for profit...but because...well...it's supposed to launch their franchise.  It'll probably do enough to justify moving forward.  Which...I'm ok with.  Hopefully there a line between good enough to move forward, but not good enough to keep Snyder.  Or at least get Snyder a handler.

That's precisely what I desperately need to happen. 

2 minutes ago, Gannicus said:

I wonder ho much the reviews hurt it. They should of pulled a TFA.

Oh man, if it's doing this...given WOM and reviews...imagine this with more positive reactions to the trailers and good reviews?

i dunno about Star Wars, but it'd smash everything else.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Come at me if you want for saying this, but while I'm sure WB will be relieved with a $1B, I don't think they'll be particularly "thrilled." There's no chance they weren't envisioning an Avengers esque $1.5B gross while this project was coming together. If it crawls over the billion dollar mark, it's not exactly a cause for celebration.

I'm with you. Now, I actually like the movie, but I think the reviews will keep it from sniffing its potential. There's no reason why a well-received movie couldn't have done Avengers numbers. 

5 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Max opening day to day is 90 million.

Historical trend is no film has done day business over 62 million even Sw7. 

That's only because TFA jammed $57m into Thursday previews! Haha. I think the potential is there for bigger than $62m day business, it's just a matter of the right circumstances playing out. BvS could have those circumstances thanks to Good Friday and regardless of critical reception, the concept is THE Holy Grail of comic book movies. I just saw an ad that was cut very well. Luthor's "greatest gladiator match in the history of the world" quote read while footage of Bats/Supes beat the shit out of each other.

I was very surprised at how crowded my theater was this afternoon. It's usually the "dead" theater of the two in my town. There is a much newer theater that does most of the business in town. Didn't expect the parking lot to be 90% full and lobby to be a zoo at the dead theater this afternoon. Good Friday is clearly having an impact in my town. I don't think everyone is seeing BvS obviously, but I think a rising tide lifts all boats including BvS. I think it's going to be a huge day at the box office in The Bible Belt and other areas where the vast majority of working people are on vacation. Should be some great numbers for the holdovers too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

That's precisely what I desperately need to happen. 

He can keep his exec producer credit.  Let him direct 300-3.

Shit let him do Sucker Punch 2.  I don't care.  But...man, as a person who loved Man of Steel...can't believe how much I'm in the get rid of Snyder camp.  And I don't even think this is all bad.  There is good he did here.  But the good he didn't do was...make a good movie.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kowhite said:

Oh man, if it's doing this...given WOM and reviews...imagine this with more positive reactions to the trailers and good reviews?

i dunno about Star Wars, but it'd smash everything else.

Reviews and WOM isn't that relevant for the OW. It could have made maybe $10-15 million more with much better reviews, nothing crazy.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Crossfire said:

You guys think this will surpass Iron Man 3 worldwide BO?

Nah......the thing that Iron Man 3 had going for it, was the great reviews that film got.

Iron Man 3's WW-gross is safe as of now. But i think CA: CW will surpass it.

4 minutes ago, TommyA10 said:

Reviews and WOM isn't that relevant for the OW. It could have made maybe $10-15 million more with much better reviews, nothing crazy.

Possibly true.  But the trailer thing though...

16 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

I'm off as well, I put in 179.3m, decently close at least

EDIT: I just checked my derby, I put 0 instead of 9 without realizing it, so its 170.3 oh lol.

Tthe numbers are so big that being 20m or even 40 m off isn't a derby killer as much as being 400k off WTF could be.