CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

8 hours ago, CJohn said:

This can make 0 dollars for all I care and I can die now. My dream has come true. I don't have anything else to do on this Earth. 

You should at least stay until the Avatar/Star Wars crossover... *ducks down and runs like hell...*

9 hours ago, dudalb said:

And a lot of the things the critics are complaining about...muddled and confusing plot,one dimensional uninteresting characters,are exactly what the GA does not like.

I see. So that's the reason the Transformers movies were such huge flops.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

So it opened in 12 countries yesterday. 

When can we expect numbers? 

We might get the opening day from Australia in 10-12 hours. 

1 minute ago, VGPOP said:

I disagree with that. This movie will make whatever amount its poised to make in its opening weekend regardless of the reviews.

If it hits $200 million, it wasnt because of reviews. If it hits $100 million, it wasnt because of the reviews.

I have never met a person that have said I will not see this movie because a movie critic didnt like it or gave it a bad review (people here are posting this, but it's bull***). In fact, it's the opposite. If they are interesting in seeing the movie, they will go no matter what.

However, if a friend or family member tells you he/she didnt like it or the movie stinks, then we're having a completely different conversation.

Someone you know or trust gave you his/her opinion. That changes thing.

It's called WOM.

Movie critics don't dictate the opening weekend of a movie. If the interest is there and is high, the movie will open big no matter what.

Now, where is BvS interest among general audience?

We will see.

Well considering then negative reviews have already made it hard for me to find someone to see this with i can comfortably say you are wrong :).

The OW of a film can be dependent on its reviews, maybe not by much, but it still effects it. If people are on the fence about this movie, positive reviews would entice them to see this  and negative reviews will turn people the other way. If anything i think reviews are quite important for this given the mixed reception of MOS. If this made say 150m this weekend, it will be evident reviews hampered its OW. A movie like this should be easily challenging 200m OW given the premise.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Noctis said:

You poor thing. The only person in this forum I feel bad for is you. Such a shame Wonder Woman debuts in a supposedly clusterfuck of a film.

I am at peace with the film's alleged crappiness. I am going in with an open mind and with the hope of simply having a good time.

I just hope that WB does whatever they need to do to ensure that the DCEU survives, and, if not, oh, well...at least I will get a kick out of seeing her up on screen in this and in her solo.

Someday (hopefully before I die), somebody will get the DC universe on the big screen and they will get them right.

I'll be waiting.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, incognitoo said:

I see. So that's the reason the Transformers movies were such huge flops.

Completely different. Zack is not Bay. Zack tries making deep films without any humour. Bay makes fims fun filled for immature people like myself, thats why they do well. He's also better at relating his films to the general public than Zack his, and his action is better. 

One thing that really turned me off in MOS was Snyder's approach in cutting scenes. From one scene to another. I really hope the same approach is not in this movie. (Please don't answer this because this will constitute under spoiler). But it's something I am counting not to be in this movie.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, department store basement said:

Explain why everyone acted hammy in 300 then.

thats one film. The film that got him the gig in the first place. Then he changed. He got ambitious which is respectable but he lacks the talent to tell a good story so its a shame he cant quite deliver. 

First numbers: SPAIN opening day

From user: Peludo

235k admissions (over €1.6m)

Edit: Just for reference: TDKR opened to 509k admissions and €3.4m for the whole OW. And MoS did €3m (I have not OW admissiosn data for it).

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

First numbers: SPAIN opening day

From user: Peludo

235k admissions (over €1.6m)

Edit: Just for reference: TDKR opened to 509k admissions and €3.4m for the whole OW. And MoS did €3m (I have not OW admissiosn data for it).

Very strong numbers for Spain.