CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

Thoughts:

Batman v Superman's opening is huge, of course. I found the movie to be an endurance contest, so it's not something I can muster up the energy to discuss in any positive capacity.

Zootopia is still kicking ass and taking names, as it should. $300M is still in sight.

All things considered, that's a very good opening for My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2.

Allegiant...lol. Just free everyone and cancel the last one.

Solid drops for Miracles from Heaven and Deadpool (the latter especially given the direct competition).

Strong expansions for both Hello, My Name is Doris and Eye in the Sky. Look at Sally Field and Helen Mirren low-key kicking ass and taking names. Midnight Special is probably doomed if they attempt any significant expansion, unfortunately. I Saw the Light is similarly screwed if it goes really wide next weekend with its poor reviews.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sam said:

That's a great WW opening. 1B should be good. Maybe 1.1B with the boost from Easter holiday?

Nahh

its going to be tough enough just to reach 1B...

Just now, GiantCALBears said:

Lol at the revisionist history from some on here, $170m is obviously a fine number but a bunch of you had it a lot higher compared to lower. Facts suck don't they.

That's true but we can be happy even if it didn't match our expectations its still good and the DCEU will continue on unabated

• Like 3

Just now, boomboom234 said:

with 424 worldwide  a billion will happen 1.1 depending on leg s but the lack of competition will help

Im on team BvS here. But i think you're wrong. No chance of 1.1B. 1B is the target

1 minute ago, boomboom234 said:

That's true but we can be happy even if it didn't match our expectations its still good and the DCEU will continue on unabated

It will continue but hopefully not in it's current form. WB / DC needs to take a step back and make some creative decisions in terms of the director / writer and this "brain trust" they've put in place. Hopefully its just the direction of the movie and the ideas of the creative team can still turn out a quality movie.

8 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I hope you get eaten alive by the trolls next week

7 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Go John... You're a scam

Lmao, the hate is real.

One day you guys will learn to respect God Snyder as well :P 

4 minutes ago, fmpro said:

Im on team BvS here. But i think you're wrong. No chance of 1.1B. 1B is the target

it outopened TDKR signigfantly in every market that did 636 this can do 700 i think it will hit 400 here there 1.1

Edited by boomboom234