CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

31 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

I wouldn't generalize all DC fans. There are nutcases in ever fan base. I mean every last one of them.

Sure but never this hostile or bitter by feeling the need to attack everyone who takes the opposing view of their "team" by calling everyone a Marvel fanboy or a troll or a hater. Good grief.

2 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Sure but never this hostile or bitter by feeling the need to attack everyone who takes the opposing view of their "team" by calling everyone a Marvel fanboy or a troll or a hater. Good grief.

To be fair, a MCU flick has never been received this badly to bring out the nasty side of themselves.

Probably feeling the need to be this bitter considering how big of a punching bag BvS has been critically

8 minutes ago, MrPink said:

To be fair, a MCU flick has never been received this badly to bring out the nasty side of themselves.

Probably feeling the need to be this bitter considering how big of a punching bag BvS has been critically

And it's a shame that it's caused so much bitterness, because it's not just this, but the divisive reception to Man of Steel and the failure of Green Lantern (which was originally supposed to kick off the DCCU) before it that have made them look like the "losing team." They should actually want the best versions of the characters, not merely settle for what they get.

4 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Did you forget how BKB was when he first came around? He has mellowed quite a bit from how he used to be.  Every thread he posted in went south real quick, LOL.  

There are quite a few DC fans here. A lot have been respectful just like there are those that have been rude and hostile.  

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Blankie Cochran said:

Isn't Momoa in some auteur movie this year? Or something biggish. And yeah, I guess I feel a little bad for the Cyborg guy but eh

I don't give a shit about them. I think they shouldn't have post that. And Momoa is awful. The other dude I have never seen him in my life. Probably bad as well.

13 minutes ago, DAJK said:

Is it even possible if they try hard enough if Fox keeps the Revenant in theatre's long enough, it could pass Dances With Wolves as the highest grossing Western (unadjusted)?

Mmmmm

*is ignorant about grosses*

*checks Revenant's total and w/e gross*

*checks DwW domestic unadjusted gross*

*finally checks Spectre road to 200m*

If it follows Spectre's path, I think there's a chance. I'm not an expert tho.

Edited by redgarlic68
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, DAJK said:

Is it even possible if they try hard enough if Fox keeps the Revenant in theatre's long enough, it could pass Dances With Wolves as the highest grossing Western (unadjusted)?

I think so.

Oscar-nominated movies tends to be in theaters longer, so it is possible.

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

And it's a shame that it's caused so much bitterness, because it's not just this, but the divisive reception to Man of Steel and the failure of Green Lantern (which was originally supposed to kick off the DCCU) before it that have made them look like the "losing team." They should actually want the best versions of the characters, not merely settle for what they get.

Lol call me crazy but I'm totally satisfied with the portrayal of Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman in BvS. I particularly hated the portrayal of Batman in TDKR and I still can't believe this film got the critical reception it got.

And even though I was disappointed several times, I have to say that I find myself really lucky compared to the fans of  Star Wars or Marvel who (except for TGoG and Deadpool) have to settle for mediocrity films after films. But it's ok right? As long as RTmeter is green!

I mean it's not like it was you and not the critics who is watching those films right, right?

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, iluvjuanki said:

Lol call me crazy but I'm totally satisfied with the portrayal of Batman, Superman and Wonder Woman in BvS. I particularly hated the portrayal of Batman in TDKR and I still can't believe this film got the critical reception it got.

And even though I was disappointed several times, I have to say that I find myself really lucky compared to the fans of  Star Wars or Marvel who (except for TGoG and Deadpool) have to settle for mediocrity films after films. But it's ok right? As long as RTmeter is green!

I mean it's not like it was you and not the critics who is watching those films right, right?

:jeb!: