CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

2 minutes ago, a2knet said:

ULTRON had very high showtimes compared to the rest, but I am guessing that was due to expectations as a sequel to a 200m+ opener?

Yes, it had an absolute ton of showtimes. More than they needed, in retrospect, although it's hard to fault the theaters for scheduling so many.

41 minutes ago, DeeCee said:

Early estimates from the DeeCee Reporter suggest Thursday Night previews for Batman vs Superman of $15-35m.

More to come.

15 -35? Tight range!

I say it's between 1m and 50m.

Yup, doesn't help either:bash:

3 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

You should add that unlike with BvS, you lost track of Ultron final numbers so we don't even have clue if the sellouts/showtimes ratio weren't bigger. ;) 

As much as it may disappoint you, this has happened with every single movie since TDKR. I consider it an overall wash -- all the movies are probably under-represented to some small degree.

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

As much as it may disappoint you, this has happened with every single movie since TDKR. I consider it an overall wash -- all the movies are probably under-represented to some small degree.

It doesn't, just saying something you said it yourself and forgets to mention, so your tracking looks more accurate in case it goes below of what AoU did. 

10 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

What's this, the forum hasn't burned down yet?

Final sellout count for the LA area: 100 sellouts / 591 showtimes

Final comps:

• ULTRON had 68 sellouts / 748 showtimes
  • CATCHING FIRE had 48 sellouts / 481 showtimes
  • FURIOUS 7 had 55 sellouts / 471 showtimes
  • MAN OF STEEL had 48 sellouts / 220 showtimes

Catching fire had $25 million Thursday. With this comparison, BvS did really well. Let's see what the official numbers bring. 

Yes, I know it's only one theater and "your" theater didn't have as many sellouts....lol

1 minute ago, iJackSparrow said:

It doesn't, just saying something you said it yourself and forgets to mention, so your tracking looks more accurate in case it goes below of what AoU did. 

You don't even have to go that far. I track one market. Obviously it can over- or under-perform compared to the rest of the country. Look at FURIOUS 7 -- it was an absolute beast in SoCal, but if it had performed at the same level throughout the country, its previews would've more like 25m+.

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

You don't even have to go that far. I track one market. Obviously it can over- or under-perform compared to the rest of the country. Look at FURIOUS 7 -- it was an absolute beast in SoCal, but if it had performed at the same level throughout the country, its previews would've more like 25m+.

Out of likes, but yeah. I understand. 

• Like 1