abra

Tuesday: BvS 12.2m (DHD) 19% drop from Monday

Just now, RandomJC said:

Hm? He said IM did slightly more than MoS. Which can only make sense if we consider DOM, not WW. Because MoS beat both IM1 and 2 WW with 668 to both their 585 and 623. And considering that IM1 and 2 were incredibly close to one another as far as DOM, I'm not sure how you got IM2.

Please read Alfred's quote in the post I quoted by Jessie and I'll even provide a screenshot of it for you too.

"BvS is already a hit. Why failing to reach 350m or 1 billion considered a disappointment? Marvel's highest grossing film before TA was IM2."

kGjdSpv.png

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Please read Alfred's quote in the post I quoted by Jessie and I'll even provide a screenshot of it for you too.

"BvS is already a hit. Why failing to reach 350m or 1 billion considered a disappointment? Marvel's highest grossing film before TA was IM2."

kGjdSpv.png

Well, I certainly got turned around in there somewhere. I apologize.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

That's actually a genius idea that I am now seriously considering it. Thank you. :lol:

Uh, no, it's an awful idea. Absolutely no professional would recommend putting all of your money into one stock.

14 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Iron Man 2 (the movie Alfred was actually talking about) cost $200m to make and grossed $624m. That's a huge ass budget for a movie that wasn't exactly pushing a billion dollar gross. BvS will make $900m on the low end and cost $250m. In other words it had the better ratio of box office to budget: 3.6 at least for BvS compared to 3.12 for IM2.

Yes but it wasted the novelty of bringing them together. How much more interest can JL create with the inevitably not so great WOM and after already having their big dogs in one movie? 

8 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Superhero fatigue is the biggest fallacy in Hollywood. Wish people would shaddup about it. And no, DCCU will NEVER catch up to the MCU. A better apt comparison of BvS is AOU, and AOU will outgross  it by roughly 40%. This isn't even a discussion.

BvS is barely TA1, how can it be compared to TA2? BvS is more like TA0.5

But seriously, if Warner/DC just sticks to Batman's conflict with Superman as the only plot, the movie will have more streamlined storyline and hence better reception.

This race to beat the other guy, ironically the plot of the movie, actually kills the massive momentum set up by the teaser last year. 

Just now, RandomJC said:

Well, I certainly got turned around in there somewhere. I apologize.

Thank you for the apology. My only point in responding to Jessie is that I have no problem with people piling on BvS, but let's stick to the facts. IM2 most certainly did have a huge budget and it was not as profitable as BvS will be. It's not as profitable as it could be if it was a much better movie, but it's still very profitable for WB.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jessie said:

Yes but it wasted the novelty of bringing them together. How much more interest can JL create with the inevitably not so great WOM and after already having their big dogs in one movie? 

I completely agree with you on that point. WB could have and should have delivered a better movie to help set up their live action DC Universe.

3 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Thank you for the apology. My only point in responding to Jessie is that I have no problem with people piling on BvS, but let's stick to the facts. IM2 most certainly did have a huge budget and it was not as profitable as BvS will be. It's not as profitable as it could be if it was a much better movie, but it's still very profitable for WB.

I had skimmed things, and thought Jessie was responding to a different Alfred post, which is why I commented. It was my confusion, so I should apologize.

And yes, this is still looking to be profitable for WB. So, it's a win for them.

Someone agrees that BvS will be the highest grossing film of DC? I see no other film of DC (Justice League 1 and 2, Suicide Squad, Wonder Woman, etc.) doing more than BvS.

In short, the chance that DC had to make a film that has scooped more than 1 billion was wasted. In my opinion, if BvS was a good movie make easy 1.5 billion.

Congratulations Zack Snyder! You should be arrested! :angry:

1 minute ago, RandomJC said:

I had skimmed things, and thought Jessie was responding to a different Alfred post, which is why I commented. It was my confusion, so I should apologize.

And yes, this is still looking to be profitable for WB. So, it's a win for them.

It's a Transformers 2 type of win for them. Question is whether they really want their DC Universe to be a superhero version of the Transformers franchise. I can't help but think they would rather see it play out in a different manner. It's within their power to produce better movies. Hopefully they will learn something from this one.

1 hour ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Ok buddy. If you don'haven'tk comparing the two movies but not  mentioning the significant difference in their Monday drops isn't misleading, I don't really know what to say.

No need to say anything. Youve already proven that you havent grasped the basics yet. Its ok. Keep at it.

1 hour ago, grey ghost said:

The bar for success isn't Avatar and TFA.

It's other Warner Bros movies.

BvS will be one of WB's biggest films in history, it's a success for them.

It's a sequel to MOS and a Batman reboot, 900 m to 1 billion is a win for WB.

Bravo. A voice of reason.