kayumanggi

Thursday Numbers: 7.74 M BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE | 3.20 M ZOOTOPIA | 1.63 M MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING II

God, I'm so happy I'm not a member of the staff here because the past week has been exhausting to the point where I don't even catch up on the threads. I mean, I guess I can understand the insanity (MEGA event movies that are poorly-reviewed don't come around often, if it all), but still...

• Like 1

Just now, bladels said:

BvS opened really big in many Asia countries then it dropped like a rock. WOM is bad

In my country, theaters have already cut down 1/2 to 2/3 BvS's showtimes compared to last weekend 

So it's not only China then.  Interesting.

29 minutes ago, aliadiere29 said:

I'll be glad when BvS is out of the theaters.... I'm kinda hoping Civil War gets here quickly so we can focus on that box office run. lol

Can you imagine if CW also got bad reviews? 

Will the board survive another megablockbustere being critically skewered? 

Just now, ecstasy said:

So it's not only China then.  Interesting.

In Hong Kong and South Korea it is collapsing to the point that Zootopia that started on the same weekend with fewer showings may end up already catching it this weekend..

• Like 1

Just now, Cochofles said:

Can you imagine if CW also got bad reviews? 

Will the board survive another megablockbustere being critically skewered? 

My most anticipated movie in May by far is a non-sequel, non-superhero film (The Nice Guys). I'll survive, at least.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

Did better in HK, but yeah, drops not good in Asia. On the other hand, you got other territories where the WOM seems good, even great in Mexico. Go figure.

The places that do not yet grasp the film's greatness will sooner or later see the error of their ways. This is a great start to this saga/universe.

Never bet against the batflek.

:batman:

As long as CW has the same directors I think it will be ok review wise. Not sure what the box office run will be like.  I'm looking forward to it and Xmen Apocalypse.

Its not blind anger @nilephelan its just enough is enough. We've been dealing with this for two weeks. 

You post here sporadically so you dont know all that goes on. This BvS hate and vitriolic Regan Exorcist vomit filled regurgitation that we deal with every FRIKKIN day is annoying.

• Like 4

Yeah Tele is right...

I think anyone knew that this was coming as it seemed a perfect storm for a flame war 

I think at least long time posters(including self) just need to remember it's just a film and take a step back from the negativity.

• Like 3

Weekend projections judging the preview #'s God's Not Dead 2 should debut around the level of Risen and if it's as the level of

its predcessor it could make 45-50 million. But if it dies like a rock it could do 35 million domestic.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

PLEASE READ:

Okay, folks, after everything that's happened the last couple of weeks, the staff is sick and tired of dealing with what really comes down to simple differences of opinion. We've tried warning in threads, we've tried PMs, we've tried warning points, none of these lighter measures have helped much. As a result, we have a large number of threads that've been toxic to many members, and we've gotten numerous complaints that checking in to read about daily numbers, or to see what movie news has come out, isn't very fun anymore -- because a few people are so determined to push their own viewpoints that they're essentially trampling on everyone else's ability to simply come and hang out and have a good time.

So, here is a new policy. It's very simple.

DON'T POISON THE WELL. If you do, it's a 24-hour ban -- minimum.

What does that mean? Here are the bullet-point items that define that term for us:

• If someone posts an insult to a member or fanbase (like Marvel fans are dumb or BvS fans are dumb). This includes trying to say there's a conspiracy against XXX or that a person has a XXX bias. Note: this also applies to a blogger or reviewer or person outside of this forum.
  • If someone compares CBM movies in a thread not dedicated to said comparison. Two examples of allowed threads are the BVS/Civil War thread and the CBM Showdown thread. Comparisons in daily/weekend numbers threads might be okay but you're treading on thin ice, so you better be damn sure how you present any comps.
  • Any attempt to shut out opinions or people who don't agree with said fan.

Any combination of these, or even just one of them, can constitute "poisoning the well", per moderator's decision. We realize that we staff-members also post in a personal capacity in these threads, and so to avoid one mod using their power to squash someone else's opinion, a minimum of two other mods or admins must agree with their decision before we act on it.

We hope that this new measure will bring some much-needed sanity and civility to the boards... but we have a couple other options up our sleeve if it doesn't. Please don't make us resort to them.

I really love the new rules. GO BOT!