kayumanggi

Thursday Numbers: 7.74 M BATMAN V SUPERMAN: DAWN OF JUSTICE | 3.20 M ZOOTOPIA | 1.63 M MY BIG FAT GREEK WEDDING II

2 minutes ago, lancelot123 said:

I was using that movie at first, but BvS did worse than it. My prediction ended up too high. I then switched to MvS, but that took me in the other direction and I was predicting too low. When I get off work, I might run both numbers and split the difference. Might work out. 

It's not gonna track perfectly with any one single movie.

In terms of Sunday drops, WATCHMEN dropped 35% its second Sunday (mid-March, but decent comp). After the first weekend, Sunday drops tend to be more aligned with audience demos and Monday being a workday than specific WOM (Friday and Saturday are more a reflection of that).

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

In terms of Sunday drops, WATCHMEN dropped 35% its second Sunday (mid-March, but decent comp). After the first weekend, Sunday drops tend to be more aligned with audience demos and Monday being a workday than specific WOM (Friday and Saturday are more a reflection of that).

Movies which open relatively low often also remain relatively flat . You can't compare a 55 million opener with a 170 million opener 

Edited by hasanahmad
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

So if a movie had good or bad WOM, Friday's and Saturdays are the most noticeable? Did not know that. Thanks.

Based on a movie's WOM, be it good or bad, when does it normally first show up in the numbers? The second Friday or earlier? 

16 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

Guardians was at $308m on Day 48 and got to $333m and change.  Deadpool is at $351m on Day 48, so if you factor in it will have slightly worse drops but still no real new competition in the next month, I would say it can get to $370m or so.  

The little train that could. I just want to see Deadpool overthrow that Jesus movie. It would be fantastic especially after some churches were telling people not to go see Deadpool. 

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, TommyA10 said:

Or just re-expand it and push it over the $1 billion mark. Do it Disney! 

If it were at $980m right now, I think they would have done it and pushed back the digital release a few weeks, but $65m to get there is way too big of a number.  They also don't want to interfere with The Jungle Book in a few weeks.  

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, a2knet said:

Does Spectre increase or decrease this weekend? :huh:

Spectre is going to magically "disappear" from the charts. The job was done. Now it's time to close it out so no one notices anything even more suspicious. :ph34r:

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

early numbers? Deadline, Variety, HR?

Nothing?

LOL

It's going to take them sometime to count all the $$$$ it's going to make this weekend. You have to be patient. 

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

It's going to take them sometime to count all the $$$$ it's going to make this weekend. You have to be patient. 

https://twitter.com/Deadline

2nd WRITE THRU NOON UPDATE: Typically, the majors have wide releases previewing on Thursday night, but not this weekend. Hence, Warner Bros.’ Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice remains the big guy again at the B.O. with a second session that’s estimated at $61M, -63% per noon matinee forecasts. BvS’ second Friday should come in at $18.5M, which is a 77% free fall from a week ago. Why so steep? Last Friday’s figure included $27.7M worth of Thursday previews. Theater count for BvS, superpowered by Imax, RealD, 4DX, 70MM, grows from 4,242 to 4,256. The best pre-summer second weekend belongs to Warner Bros.’ American Sniper with $64.6M. The disclaimer we run with matinee projections is that things could get better or worse by nightfall.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, ecstasy said:

https://twitter.com/Deadline

2nd WRITE THRU NOON UPDATE: Typically, the majors have wide releases previewing on Thursday night, but not this weekend. Hence, Warner Bros.’ Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice remains the big guy again at the B.O. with a second session that’s estimated at $61M, -63% per noon matinee forecasts. BvS’ second Friday should come in at $18.5M, which is a 77% free fall from a week ago. Why so steep? Last Friday’s figure included $27.7M worth of Thursday previews. Theater count for BvS, superpowered by Imax, RealD, 4DX, 70MM, grows from 4,242 to 4,256. The best pre-summer second weekend belongs to Warner Bros.’ American Sniper with $64.6M. The disclaimer we run with matinee projections is that things could get better or worse by nightfall.

That's great -- sorry out of likes .. Dang only 25 likes a day, I was beginning to enjoy giving out likes

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cannastop said:

Expecting early weekend numbers on Friday afternoon.

LOL

Happens all the time. Where've you been?

Edited by ecstasy
  • Like 1

Just now, cannastop said:

If it happens, it's freaking stupid. It's barely past noon in California and we can have meaningful numbers?

Nobody said they had to be meaningful.  And it won't stop as long as there is competition and big blockbusters. You don't have to like it.

Projecting domestic totals as of April 1st 2016. Batman V. Superman:370 million domestic, Zootopia:320 million domestic, My Big Fat Greek Wedding 2:55 million domestic, Miracles From Heaven:56 million, Allegiant:66 million, 10 Cloverfield Lane:64 million.

Yeah so about a 130 percent increase on Friday and I will projected to do about a 40% increase on Saturday and decreased by about 35% on Sunday. That should get it close to 60 million for the weekend.

• Like 2